Did I overpay ?

• Sponsors (?)

I hope everything is brand new. You definitely over payed. Lesson learned though, I was looking for a set of stock injectors and fuel rail w/ regulator, and I saw some injectors on ebay for 27 bucks shipped, and after I payed for it I went back to the page and saw like two listings down there was a set of injectors w/ the fuel rail and regulator for 30 bucks, I wanted to kick myself. I had to spend another 20 bucks for the rail. Not as bad but it happens. Return them if you can.

IMHO, poor advice above. :(

1) I bought a new car for $20K. Did I over pay?
WHO THE F**** KNOWS!
WHAT CAR - A COBRA, A CIVIC? Geez!
So, I don't know how anyone could say that you overpaid or not for "some stuff from some unknown manufacture" that I you bought new.

2) Never, I repeat, never buy used injectors! IMHO, they are a very foolish cost savings.

3) Depends a LOT on the EXACT MAF and TB you bought.
A C&L is a POS and a joke -period.
A top quality MAF is ~$400+? I haven't checked the PMAS or ProM websites lately.
TB's quality varies a lot. Unless you have a blower, than the FRPP 65 mm is fine.

4) If you have 30# injectors, you better have a blower! Otherwise, you have a poor match up. Injectors that are too big cause idle problems. Even for a car that runs only on qtr mile tracks, idle problems effect the EEC's calculated trim, and allow for carbon build up.

5) If you're running a blower, IMHO, saving money by buying used injectors would be VERY stupid! A blower setup, and the associated heads & intake, is not cheap. A bad/weak injector will grenade the engine!

6) If you have a blower set, and bought a C&L MAF, IMHO, just remember that *I* said that C&L is a POS and should NEVER be used! Even if you have a Tweecer and do your own MAF calibrate, the C&L is stupid design. It will vary with air pressure, temperature, etc. It's one thing if an NA engine runs a little lean. It's another if a blower kicks in and the engine runs lean, even for a short time, and the person is passing someone on the highway.

Good Luck!

ffemt1121, were the parts brand new? You didn't say. If they were brand new then you got a good deal. The injectors alone retail at Summit for $240. The TB is around $150 and a C&L meter is $125.

Whether the parts are suitable for your uses is up to you. Some people have good luck with Pro Products and C&L meters and some don't.

Yeah I would say if it is brand new stuff, then good deal, but if they were used, than you got hosed. I would have sold you 42lb injectors a C&L and ProProd TB for about $300 only because I take care of my stuff. Otherwise, yeah good deal.

If I ever buy a used set of injectors, I'd get them Sonic Cleaned and replace the filters and o-rings.

Good Luck though.

IMHO, poor advice above. :(

1) I bought a new car for $20K. Did I over pay?
WHO THE F**** KNOWS!
WHAT CAR - A COBRA, A CIVIC? Geez!
So, I don't know how anyone could say that you overpaid or not for "some stuff from some unknown manufacture" that I you bought new.

2) Never, I repeat, never buy used injectors! IMHO, they are a very foolish cost savings.

3) Depends a LOT on the EXACT MAF and TB you bought.
A C&L is a POS and a joke -period.
A top quality MAF is ~$400+? I haven't checked the PMAS or ProM websites lately.
TB's quality varies a lot. Unless you have a blower, than the FRPP 65 mm is fine.

4) If you have 30# injectors, you better have a blower! Otherwise, you have a poor match up. Injectors that are too big cause idle problems. Even for a car that runs only on qtr mile tracks, idle problems effect the EEC's calculated trim, and allow for carbon build up.

5) If you're running a blower, IMHO, saving money by buying used injectors would be VERY stupid! A blower setup, and the associated heads & intake, is not cheap. A bad/weak injector will grenade the engine!

6) If you have a blower set, and bought a C&L MAF, IMHO, just remember that *I* said that C&L is a POS and should NEVER be used! Even if you have a Tweecer and do your own MAF calibrate, the C&L is stupid design. It will vary with air pressure, temperature, etc. It's one thing if an NA engine runs a little lean. It's another if a blower kicks in and the engine runs lean, even for a short time, and the person is passing someone on the highway.

Good Luck!

lol get over yourself.

Fairly new

the throttle body and maf is about a minth old and the injectors have since been cleaned. For the one that said I had to have a blower for 30lb injectors, I have a TFS stage 1 cam going in. Ive just cleaned my intake spacer and my holley upper and lower. All the parts are in. Cant wait

Just bought Pro-M 80mm mass air with filter, 30lb injectors with fuel rail for $165 off ebay. GT40 explorer upper and lower with the TB and elbow, also with fuel rails and 19lb injectors for $120 off ebay. I love ebay : )