Differential leak......pics

04GreyGtUSAF

Dec 10, 2007
KS
Well Ive got a small leak coming from the forward end of the differential:mad:. I tightened up the bolts on the cover just to make sure it wasnt it and low and behold its still leaking.

Ive done some searching and couldnt find exactly the help i needed. from wha ti read it could be the rear pinion seal???? Not sure at all im kinda bummed about this because ive done one burnout with the car and it only has 35,000 on it. No track runs or hard launches. Im headin out to my first duty station in about a month so money is low right now and if possible i would like to do the work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

View attachment 303815

• Sponsors (?)

I would def like t do this myself. Would you consider it a saturday job? Im just kinda nervous about gettin into the rearend Ive never worked with it before.

its about 45min-1 hour job, all you have to do is drop the drive shaft and remove the bolt from the diff, if i remember right you have to use a puller to pull the yoke off, and then change the seal....

75-140 synth fluid with a tiny bit of friction modifier. pinion seal, crush sleeve. Im gonna go ahead and start gettin the materials for a weekend install. Thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it. any other tips are, as always, welcome. :SNSign:

you got to make sure that you set the preload with a dial gauge wrench.. i cant remember the number but you gotta turn the pinon till you get that number.. pick up a chiltons or haynes manual before you start..