dipped into the 9's!!!!! (1000ft)

dipped into the 9's!!!!! (1000ft) VIDEO ADDED

I went out to the local track today and ran my car on some 26x11.5 ET Street's and a 100 shot. I am very happy with the car right now. Here's the run:

60ft - 1.69
330ft - 4.99
1/8th - 7.73
1/8th mph - 90.5
1000ft - 9.92
1000ft mph - 103.6

The car felt super strong on the bottom but seemed to kind of fall off in 3rd gear. At the end of the run, there was smoke coming from the clutch, so that is something that is going to get replaced over the winter. I think it has 9.50's in it with a good clutch and gears (it's still on stock 3.23's right now). Anyways, a friend of mine got it on video so I will post it up as soon as he uploads it.

Also, I would like to thank Mike at Quarter Mile Mustang for helping me fine tune things. We will get a few other small things sorted out and be looking to dip into the 8's come next season.

• Sponsors (?)

Grats man. That is straight movin'. Seems like you have a nice, fast track to run at because those are great times for your setup.

When I ran my best of 12.65, my 1000' was 10.57. So if you didn't gain any more than I did on the last 320 feet (which I'd be very surprised if you didn't), that'd be a 12.00. So I suspect you're probably be in the 11's in the 1/4. :nice:

Thanks, I appreciate it. The track is great this time of year because they prep it very well, and the DA is usually VERY low.

I would love to get the car to a 1/4 mile drag strip and see what she will do. First I need to get a clutch in it so it doesnt leave me stranded. The lady that gives the time slips out cracked me up. When I pulled up to her to get my time slip, smoke was boiling out of my clutch and you could smell it BAD. She goes "hun, I think you might have smoked your clutch a little" lol.

I also need to data log the car and figure out why it's falling off so bad on the top end on spray. I gained 15mph from the 1/8th to the 1000ft on my motor pass. I only gained 13mph from the 1/8th to the 1000ft on my nitrous pass. So there is some more time to be gained there.

7.74 could definitely hit you a high 11 1/4 mile... that's moving out man. You're trapping around 4mph more than me in the 1/8th on the same shot... wtf?!

I need some better tires and a trip to the track before it warms up. I'm shooting for a low 12 on the 100 shot, but may only have a few chances before my clutch gives up. It was slipping noticeably the last three passes I made, but I still got my 12.77 out of it. My 60' was only 1.93, if I could get it down to even a 1.7x I'd be spinning in circles I'd be so happy, haha.

Congrats man! Thats getting it done right there! That run should be good for about 11.85-11.95 depending on how hard it falls off the rest of the 1/4 mile. On a 100 shot, that is very impressive!

Bottle pressure could be the culprit on why its falling off so much. Typically the higher psi you start your run, the more the psi drops also. For example, if you start at 1000 psi, you may finish the run around 850-900 psi. But if you start the run at 1200 psi, you could very well be down around 800 psi or less at the end of the run. Which also affects your a/f ratio, causing a very rich condition.

Answers....
26x11.5 Mickey thompson ET Street
The track is 1000ft. No close 1/4 mile tracks
The rear end and transmission have 148,000 miles on them. Launching it any harder would have more than likely resulted in broken parts.

The tires were free
A built rear is what's on my list next along with 4.10's.

Next season I will be on some better tires. Those tires are 2 years old. But you have to take what you can get.

Congrats man! Thats getting it done right there! That run should be good for about 11.85-11.95 depending on how hard it falls off the rest of the 1/4 mile. On a 100 shot, that is very impressive!

Bottle pressure could be the culprit on why its falling off so much. Typically the higher psi you start your run, the more the psi drops also. For example, if you start at 1000 psi, you may finish the run around 850-900 psi. But if you start the run at 1200 psi, you could very well be down around 800 psi or less at the end of the run. Which also affects your a/f ratio, causing a very rich condition.

Thanks Tim.

What do you run your bottle pressure at? I didnt know the higher the pressure, the more it drops. That's some good info.

The bottle didnt have a whole lot in it on those runs. On that pass, the bottle pressure was at 900 psi. It's all I could get it up to. I didnt even think to check it after the run.

I try to start my passes at or just above 1k psi. Sometimes that is just not possible, depending on the weather and how full the bottle is. Most kits rate the hp jettings with 1000 psi.

You have to consider that at 1200 psi, more nitrous is flowing from the bottle than at 1000 psi. Therefore towards the end of the run, there is actually less nitrous remaining in the bottle. You have to be careful with running the nitrous with the pressure that high to. It could cause you to run lean if you don't adjust your fuel to compensate for it. ie...with a larger fuel jet or in the tune.

Yeah it makes sence. Just never thought of it that way.

That was the last track day for this season. I am hoping that by next season, I will have a few more mods. I was shifting it bad slow on all the runs because I was nervous about breaking something. I am looking into upgrading to a 26 spline input shaft and Center force dual friction clutch. After that I will go to a 31 spline rear end with 4.10's. Once I get those things done, I will feel comfortable going back to powershifting it.

Also, I am hoping to make it over to Tulsa to run it in the 1/4 some time next season. I have a buddy that lives over in Tulsa that is wanting me to come hang out for the weekend at some point. I will let you know was in advance when I am heading that way. Hopefully you can bring out your car and we can make a few passes, as long as you take it easy on me of couse lol.

Nice run, just looked at my 12.02 and 12.04 runs. I was at 380rwhp, but didn't have the 60ft you did. (18 inch tires, IRS).

at the 1000ft, I was running 10.08, and 10.11.

Congrats!