Direct Replacement H-Pipe?

ccharanza87

Nov 24, 2004
Waco Texas
I was just wondering if there is a H-pipe out there that can replace the factory mid-pipe, i think that a new h or x pipe would help to louden my exhaust somewhat , eventually i'm going to add BBK full length headers along with the H pipe that fits them, but that's some time from now because of the cost, so is there something that willjust bolt right in, between the factory manifold and the factor cat back exhaust. I've got some 40 series flow masters welded in right now, so hope someone can help

thanks

chris

• Sponsors (?)

ccharanza87 said:
I was just wondering if there is a H-pipe out there that can replace the factory mid-pipe, i think that a new h or x pipe would help to louden my exhaust somewhat , eventually i'm going to add BBK full length headers along with the H pipe that fits them, but that's some time from now because of the cost, so is there something that willjust bolt right in, between the factory manifold and the factor cat back exhaust. I've got some 40 series flow masters welded in right now, so hope someone can help

thanks

chris

there is many many pipes out there. a off road x will be the loudest but a raspy sound. and the off road h will be slitghly quieter and less raspy.

i have been trying to decide to go catted or not, i think i can work a deal getting the car inspected , even with off road H pipe, or i guess i can always keep the factory mid-pipe and just put it back on at inspection time. I don't really know if i want raspy, i like the tone i'm getting out of the flo's but i just want it louder, but like i said before eventually i'm going to put headers on it, i just know that the off road pipes sure are a lot cheaper.

All the catted aftermarket H pipes are in the high $400 to low $500 range. MRT is the only one that is a true H pipe. MAC has their Pro-Chamber but, its not a true H, but does sound good. If your going to do headers down the road, IMO, I would just wait.

Get a off road h pipe by Mac. I have welded in 40 series to along with an off road h pipe by Mac. It sounds loud and deep like a 1960's muscle car! You will love it, and its a direct bolt on. :nice: :D :banana:

ccharanza87 said:
so many choices...man it makes it hard to decide, i suppose that no matter what h pipe i get, i'll probably get a SES light because of the cats being gone?

Yeah, probably so. Just get some MIL Eliminators though and that will take care of that problem. You can get cheap ones for like $10 that splice into the rear o2's or you can get the plug n play type, but they're around $40-$50.

I was looking at the BBK Mil Eliminator, looks like for aroun $60.00 at Jegs, haven't looked elsewhere yet, i'm sure i can find em in plenty of places though. It appears that the mac o/r h-pipe may be what i go with, just want to get it , bolt it on, put in the mil elimintators and go. Then i've been looking at the Ford Racing Lowering springs, I want to drop my car a little so that looks interesting too.

Attachments

• HPIPE.JPG
    HPIPE.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 72
okay i'm about to go to late model restoration supply here in waco (50resto.com) and pick me up a Off Road Mac H pipe, should i get the aluminized one or the coated one, keep in mind that im in the south so it doesn't rain a whole whole lot and there is no salt water or anything else around here, so as far as corrosion goes i think i'd be okay, so what does everyone think, coated or not, the difference it like $30.00 and i figure i will go ahead and buy the mil eliminators while i'm at it. Thanks

chris

im not sure how much the mac is, or any other name brand, but im planning on LT's later thats why i bought the jegs brand, im sure the quality is just as good and there were no fitment issues, but its totally up to you, u'll have to decide, what year is ur car?

it's an 02, i went ahead and bought the o/r H pipe from Mac. Late model restoration supply(50resto.com) is like a mile from my house so i just drove up there and picked it up. That and the mil eliminators so my ses wouldn't come on. Just need to get it lifted in the air now to take out the factory mid pipe.