Ditched the Stang...

• Sponsors (?)

Nice jeep. The wife gets to drive our 04 Special Edition model around. I love it for the size and value.

Attachments

• Jeep (4).JPG
    Jeep (4).JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 78
Someone I work with got a great deal on an leftover 2k5 version about a year ago this winter, but with the 4.7L V-8. It's had some electrical issues during the year, going into limp mode several times. They had given him a new Cheby pickup for a loaner and now wishes he went that route. Once they get the bugs figured out, I'm sure he'll change his mind though. He had a '94 Jeep with the I6 that went 150k miles without any trouble.

Hope you have good luck with the vehicle - buying used is the way to go with jeeps as depreciation is killer in the first few years on those.

Where in Massachusetts do you live? Your info says Ohio, but I see Massachusetts plates on both cars in the pictures above.

Oh well I was living in Ohio working a co-op for 6 months, but I'm back in MA (need to update the info). I'm from Reading, in the Boston area.

The way I look at it, the Stang needed brakes, it was doing the 1 wheel peel, had a misfire problem that I couldn't solve, and seemed to just have one issue after the other. At least now I'm starting with lower miles on a car I won't drive very hard at all... if the transmission takes a dump a year down the road, then whatever, at least by then I'll have a solid job and I can take care of it.

Well, good deal....glad your happy. Although I could NEVER do that...i HAVE to have my stangs, I can see why you did it. BUT i must say that the jeep will probably have more problems than you stang.

My cousins cats have clogged like 3 times in 60K miles. My aunt has had various problems in their V8 Cherokee. but I hope it works out for you, and happy Jeep forum brousing!

Tim, you can goahead and delete his account now :nice: :lol:

Well like I said, 3 year warranty that covers everything but Oil changes... if something breaks, I get it fixed for free :banana:

Also, the 4.0L and the 4.7L V8 are two different animals... the 4.0 I6 is an AMC design, and is well known for it's reliability. The 4.7, being made by Mopar, is probably a POS by comparison. Might have a little more balls but hey I'll take reliability over a few extra hp any day.

Oh yeah if you're gonna delete my account, might as well get rid of the hundreds of other people that no longer own Mustangs but still visit here :D

Congrats.. your Jeep looks very clean. :nice:
I understand your position though it was just something you
had to do sooner or later.You will miss your mustang in the long run. :(
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo also have their fair share of problems
just like your old mustang belive it or not.Since you were looking for
something that was good in the snow reliable and more practical you
seriously could have got a Subaru WRX or STI since they are AWD and a
blast to drive on a everyday basis. The best of luck with your Jeep.

Just as long as you know Jeep stands for Just Empty Every Pocket, lol. My Cherokee has needed plenty of repairs, my freinds... none. My uncles old Grand Cherokee was a total POS... the new one is a gem though. Its hit and miss, hahaha.

Plan on everything around the 4.0 falling apart, but it will run into the next eternity. Those are probaly the toughest engines left currently, I have one in my Cherokee and its killer.

Its a good thing you have the warrenty though. Congrats on the purchase, they are super nice so long as they arent messing up.

Check out www.jeepforum.com or www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums if your looking for some Jeep folk to talk with. Youll find some pretty cool stuff out about em.

Unless you had a Cobra or a blown stang, I can understand why you gotten rid of it. My car was no fun at all when it was making 211rwhp.

:Zip2: Hey, I resemble that statement!:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Seriously, for a DD, a modified stang is not the way to go. I have a loaded 4X4 F-150 which gives my GT some rest during the rainy season. Nothing like a comfy 4X4 during the wintertime for me!

Its definatly a hit or miss with jeeps. My family at one point had 7 jeep GC's and about half of them have been problem cars. My dads is in the shop right now getting a new trans at 69k under the powertrain warranty. He also had to have the brakes replaced 4 times and the still squeal. I think the 04's have the different rotors which are supposed to last a lot longer than 15k miles. His also had a axle seal leak at 55k. My 97 shattered the power steering bracket for no reason. Hope you have good luck with yours. I love jeeps though and they are great in the snow

Well like I said, 3 year warranty that covers everything but Oil changes... if something breaks, I get it fixed for free :banana:

Also, the 4.0L and the 4.7L V8 are two different animals... the 4.0 I6 is an AMC design, and is well known for it's reliability. The 4.7, being made by Mopar, is probably a POS by comparison. Might have a little more balls but hey I'll take reliability over a few extra hp any day.

Oh yeah if you're gonna delete my account, might as well get rid of the hundreds of other people that no longer own Mustangs but still visit here :D

LOL, yea hopefully it will work well :nice: .

Hey, as long as you dont by a chevy, im cool :lol:

Just as long as you know Jeep stands for Just Empty Every Pocket, lol. My Cherokee has needed plenty of repairs, my freinds... none. My uncles old Grand Cherokee was a total POS... the new one is a gem though. Its hit and miss, hahaha.

Plan on everything around the 4.0 falling apart, but it will run into the next eternity. Those are probaly the toughest engines left currently, I have one in my Cherokee and its killer.

Its a good thing you have the warrenty though. Congrats on the purchase, they are super nice so long as they arent messing up.

Check out www.jeepforum.com or www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums if your looking for some Jeep folk to talk with. Youll find some pretty cool stuff out about em.

_1 for jeepsunlimited. its much bigger than jeepforum - but both are good. we have right now, 4 jeeps in my family, 2 4.0's and 2 5.9's (and i had a 5.2) and they are all reliable as hell. never left anybody stranded. i LOVE love LOVE jeeps!!! the 4.0 is a GREAT motor. jstu keep up on maintanence (especially trans fluid chagnes - mopar filter and ATF+4 only!!!) and it shoudl be an awesome vehicle

_1 for jeepsunlimited. its much bigger than jeepforum - but both are good. we have right now, 4 jeeps in my family, 2 4.0's and 2 5.9's (and i had a 5.2) and they are all reliable as hell. never left anybody stranded. i LOVE love LOVE jeeps!!! the 4.0 is a GREAT motor. jstu keep up on maintanence (especially trans fluid chagnes - mopar filter and ATF+4 only!!!) and it shoudl be an awesome vehicle

So is yours still sitting around collecting mold like mine is...? lol.

Mine is a fuggin mess now.