ditchin the flows for magnapacks

i ordered some magnapacks to weld into my flowmaster catback. hopin the magnapacks will sound better with the o/r x. i hate the sound when i take the rpms up and let off to shift and it makes that rattlin sound. i cant stand it!! so maybe im makin the right choice. if it doesnt help, im puttin on an o/r h. just thought i would tell yall. not that its that big of a deal lol.

• Sponsors (?)

I know the sound that youre talking about and I hated it also. I went with SLP LM2 and am very happy with my choice, no more popping, cracking, farting sounds. Not hating on the Flows as they sounded killer when I had a stock midpipe, but when paired with O/R X they sound like butt IMO.

Hope the Packs work out for ya, post up a clip when u get them on.

what the heck you talking about? Have you had any experience with it?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vrUt1h17gEs

I'd used a catted X, catted H, and o/r h with my set up. You can definitely feel out which sounds like ass and which doesn't

What? My personal experience is hearing popping exhaust all over town.O/R X + Magnapaks = POP

Everyone around town uses MagnaPOPs and they sound like total crap with an O/R X. Which is why I said to get the regular Magnaflows since the OP said he had an O/R X pipe.

The 'Packs have a good amount of popping to them with just a catted midpipe. With an O/R pipe it's magnified because the O/R pipe has a crackle to it also. Both combined means alot of :popcorn: . :D But hey, if you like that, then that's great. I've got the 'Packs, but I'm catted.

:stupid:

What? My personal experience is hearing popping exhaust all over town.O/R X + Magnapaks = POP

Everyone around town uses MagnaPOPs and they sound like total crap with an O/R X. Which is why I said to get the regular Magnaflows since the OP said he had an O/R X pipe.

:stupid:

I agree that magnaflows sound better with an o/r X, a lil subtle but still has the o/r feel. But as far as magnapacks go, H's sounds more poppy than X's.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=09WoxPNz1ec

X's almost always sound better with straight throughs

of all the videos i have seen the o/r x was hardly any different than the h. i like the sound. but no doubt the catted x does sound cleaner. b.

I've had all the combos with the packs: catted H, catted X, o/r H then o/r X.
The only thing i havent tried is the prochamber ...which really cleans up the tone of the packs, stingers and other straight through mufflers/resonators.

It's hard to tell in videos, but the offroad H is a little louder. The mid rpm crackle (~ 2700-3500rpms ) of the o/r H was significantly louder than the crackle with the o/r X... and the o/r H sounds a lot more like firecrackers or small gunshots.

An X pipe (offroad or catted) smooths out the tone with the packs. you'll get rasp with either offroad pipe, but its a very aggressive pissed off sound...doesnt sound like flowmaster's rasp/noise.

I've had all the combos with the packs: catted H, catted X, o/r H then o/r X.
The only thing i havent tried is the prochamber ...which really cleans up the tone of the packs, stingers and other straight through mufflers/resonators.

It's hard to tell in videos, but the offroad H is a little louder. The mid rpm crackle (~ 2700-3500rpms ) of the o/r H was significantly louder than the crackle with the o/r X... and the o/r H sounds a lot more like firecrackers or small gunshots.

An X pipe (offroad or catted) smooths out the tone with the packs. you'll get rasp with either offroad pipe, but its a very aggressive pissed off sound...doesnt sound like flowmaster's rasp/noise.

perfectly said, i agree