DIY junkyard PS/Alt relocation

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
Daytona Bch, FL
I've been away from the boards for awhile mostly due to school and work so I put the work on my car on hold and well now I'm just getting sick of it sitting in the driveway. I picked up a PS bracket off of a 4-eye 5.0L fox mustang about a month ago and got around to finishing it up tonight.

I orginally just wanted a newer fox PS bracket to relocate my pump lower and make my own bracket for the alt, but when I looked through the JY, I saw the 4-eye and decided to take a look and guess what, the PS and altinator are on the drivers side bracket :banana: That saved me a lot of work. I just have to fab up a brace to support the top of the altinator. I'm thinking about a really small tierod end so I can adjust the belt tension.

Heres a picture of what it looks like, only had to grind down some of the casting on the head where the two pieces of the mold was I guess. Total cost $25 and leaves A LOT of room on the pass side for other things

bracket01.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

figuring it out as I go basically. I dont have any money to do what I previously planned to do, so I'm not sure what I'll end up doing in the end. Would love to get the turbo back on it and take it to a dyno to get it tuned this time, but not 100% sure what I want to do yet.

Looks like you got the alt out of the way so you can keep your hot side piping and run a bigger single. haha. Good to see ya back Zach. Now join us back on turbomustangs and get pumped enough to throw the turbo back on.

Jeremy

Jeremy, I browse the boards at TMS.com occasionally. I would have liked to have the alt and ps pump on the pass side like you want for your AC, but this was the easiest way to do it and since the ps pump was allready over there, I know the lines coming off of it will still reach. And the wires connecting to the altinator come from the drivers side fender anyways.

I have a better reason to get the turbo back on my car. There is this rich guy that I see a few times a week driving a new carrera 4S. Yesterday I would have had the perfect time to run him since he pulled out right infront of my and floored it. :bang: Damned 1.5L of carburated fury my nissan has wouldnt stand a chance