Do we have a little ricer in us??!?!?

• Sponsors (?)

mo_dingo said:
I was thinking earlier, how we hate the sound of a 4cyl and love the v8 mustang (who doesn't, lol).

But that is what we grew up with, what was hot back in time, and even now. But these ricers are growing up in the *** age, where everyone likes these crappy *** cars.

So of course, they will do what all car people do, get louder exhaust, make their car look nicer (subjective opinion obviously, as they love stickers), etc.

they are just going with the times, just as we are doing to our cars.

Food for thought, just playing devil's advocate here.
Scott

I'm only 20 and I absolutely HATE the sounds of 4 cylinders. I'm livin in Morgantown, a huge college town and every time I take the stang out somewhere I have at least 10 ****ty civics rev at me and all I do is shake my head. It's pathetic. I guess what I'm really tryin to say is that your not entirely right. lol I may be only 1 exception but thats gotta count for somethin

I have a Black widow body kit on my 94 and get called a ricer all the time in the forums. But on the streets people love it..

shhhhhhhh secretly I do dig some of the import stuff, 350Z, Supra,porsche,WRX and EVO.

By the way all of this cars are on my kill list.

A black hood and black wheels? Not rice at all by a long shot.

Typical rice in my area has these features:

huge wing(s)
huge fart pipe (or two)
suspension so lowered, it's painful to watch
front and rear bumpers that lengthen the car by at least a foot or two
stickers a plenty!
all show and no go (mostly)
body parts NOT completely attached properly
...and the number one trait.......tries to race anything on the street, minivans included.

Rice is more than just a look, it's a mentality and a driving style. :rolleyes:

I've got a dark green mustang and I've considered the carbon fiber hood because it wouldn't have to be painted. Black wheels look great on a black stang and light colored stangs.

Rice is a moving definition. We all do things to our Mustangs that could qualify. Any exhaust you buy with a larger tip than the pipe leading up to it, for example, has no more justification than the fart cannon on a Honda. Sure, you do it for looks... but guess what, so did the Honda guy. Whatever turns your crank.

I agree with Car Nut, the real deciding factor on Rice is behavior. And perhaps we should ditch the term Rice in favor of the more accurate "a$$hole".

For the record, I have a fart cannon on my STI :rlaugh:. With a 5" tip, I'd feel a bit guilty, except there are quite a few Mustangs these days with 4" tips, and that's getting close... :D And my STI sounds a whole lot better than a Honda... ;)

Dave

I can honestly say that I was brought up in neither the import world or the muscle car faze. I'm 23 and no one in my family is into mustangs, much less racing. I guess I just went with what I really wanted and what looked cool. I can also say that my first car was a Hyundai(sp?) Elantra. I also put some nice wheels on it. But no big ass body kit nor fart can. I just made it look good, and I was one of the few that had that type of car with aftermarket wheels in my area in Elsa,TX back in 1999. But the mustang had always been my number one choice and have owned 4 since I started driving.

mo_dingo said:
I was thinking earlier, how we hate the sound of a 4cyl and love the v8 mustang (who doesn't, lol).

But that is what we grew up with, what was hot back in time, and even now. But these ricers are growing up in the *** age, where everyone likes these crappy *** cars.

So of course, they will do what all car people do, get louder exhaust, make their car look nicer (subjective opinion obviously, as they love stickers), etc.

Scott

milewsky80 said:
I'm only 20 and I absolutely HATE the sounds of 4 cylinders. I'm livin in Morgantown, a huge college town and every time I take the stang out somewhere I have at least 10 ****ty civics rev at me and all I do is shake my head. It's pathetic. I guess what I'm really tryin to say is that your not entirely right. lol I may be only 1 exception but thats gotta count for somethin

But think about it. You were a teen when this ricer fad was extremely hot. I missed it by a year or 2, in my town at least. So very few friends had any hondas, etc. Thus I wasn't able to be corrupted, for the most part.

Fortunately I had an instinctual love for the sound of the 5.0, add one good friend who had a fox, and that drew me like a snake charmers tune. So I was hooked on stangs before I could get into the fad.

Plus I saw the logic that 8cyl > 4cyl. Their illogical formulations of how power is really created in a motor was truly baffling.

Like I said, I am just playing devils advocate. Always trying to see the other side of the picture. But they are long gone and a very select few can be saved.
Scott

Rice is anythign slower than a 15.5 quarter mile (for you stock AODE guys) and $$ is being put into looking race rather than being race...

Now back to the actual question... black rims and balck hoods are bad a55 and this dates back to the 60's and 70's...

I know I have thought about shooting my hood black since it seriously needs a paint job anyway...

Agreed with Car Nut on this topic. Rice is not a look, some people just prefer cosmetic changes to mechanical mods. Some is tacky, some isn't, but I've seen some pretty messy mustangs as well.

A ricer is a person that modifies a car with a large exhaust TIP and then drives it around town revving at every mustang he sees. He is the kid that tells you his alternator is a well disguised turbocharger and that he beats vette's all day. He is the kid that's best bet for his next mod would be a heavier shoe so that he can slam it to the floor quicker while showing his 16 year old girlfriend how quick his civic is, then explaining to her that his turbocharger (alternator) has a boost leak, and that's why he just lost that race to the viper despite his obvious advantage in downforce thanks to that carbon fibre adjustable wing he's got. He's the kid who justifies buying a momo steering wheel and shifter knob to his dad by saying that it's a "safety thing", then telling his buddies that it really increases the handling/shifting

That's a ricer, to me. A kid who dresses up his car and doesn't drive it like an Enzo is just a kid who chooses form over function...:shrug:

mo_dingo said:

Scott

Yep :stupid: Im a product of being born in the late 60's had my license late 70's early 80's Hence my facination with window louvers I love them have them on both my stangs do you guys like them .... hell NO ....

you call them rice but, when i was growing up everyone had them they were what was in.

Im all about that MAD MAX car look meaner the better

03REDFIRE said:
Yep :stupid: Im a product of being born in the late 60's had my license late 70's early 80's Hence my facination with window louvers I love them have them on both my stangs do you guys like them .... hell NO ....

you call them rice but, when i was growing up everyone had them they were what was in.

Im all about that MAD MAX car look meaner the better

DUDE!! I LOVE window louvers! It reminds me of the Mach 1's in particular. If I had a coupe, you had better believe I'd have louvers on mine! :banana:

Mustangs slammed on 19's with wheel spacers and ten speed size tires.....:notnice:
Those ricer blue headlight bulbs and hyperwhite Catz MSC fog lamps......:nonono:
Such a shame someone would do this to a Stang. What a Riced-Stang!:nono:

What an idiot?!?!?!?:ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:
8JAN06039.jpg

Do as you please my friend and don't worry about the others thoughts. It's your car and you're paying the loan. :nice:

Attachments

• 8JAN06039.jpg
    8JAN06039.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 70
I dont see anything wrong with making a car look better. Most of the ricers get too out of hand. Lets say I went crazy and bought a civic and juiced it up to 500hp. I would give it a nice (ONE COLOR) paint job, make the car as QUIET as possible (4 cylinders sound like lawnmowers), and maybe tie the outside color a bit into the interior and THATS IT. No ugly body kits no wings no fart pipes no altezzas...