Does anybody else have this happen to them...

• Sponsors (?)

BigChiefSmokem said:
I had a guy in an EXCURSION of all things pull up next to me and ask me to run.

"Hey, NICE Mustang! YOu ever raced an SUV?"

"THanks man!, No, I Havent."

"Lets go then, lets race!"

"No thanks man"

"Awe come on, light turns green just go!"

"Nah.."

*Light turns green*

He floors it, so i said what the hell and took off all the way to the top of 2nd. Lets say he was a ways behind me by then.

I slowed down to see if he had anything else to say and he just ran by me without even lookin. I sat there for a while trying to figure out why he wanted to race and if he even thought he had a chance. It looked like it was a diesel, maybe it had some stuff done to it?

Some trucks pack heat. My dad has a F-250 turbo diesel and we did down-pipe back 3" exhaust w/ a new intercooler and a 6-gun electronic setter and fuel caliberator...and no joke with a few more small parts and tuning he was hit 714 RWTQ and 485RWHP. Lays shame to me car:( Dyno slip to come next week when i go to his house

CobraRed_96_GT said:
Some trucks pack heat. My dad has a F-250 turbo diesel and we did down-pipe back 3" exhaust w/ a new intercooler and a 6-gun electronic setter and fuel caliberator...and no joke with a few more small parts and tuning he was hit 714 RWTQ and 485RWHP. Lays shame to me car:( Dyno slip to come next week when i go to his house

YEah, thats kind of what i was figuring... He still lost tho.. maybe he just wanted to see me run?

02LaserRed2V said:
Funny. Import guys haven't bothered me in a long while. Whenever I pull beside them, they just keep staring straight ahead with that poker faced look. I dunno why, I guess they figure I'm just a waste of gas :shrug:
That's mostly what I get too...the only ones that get cocky are the 16 year olds who just got their license and believe every word Vic Torretto says.

Don't get me wrong...there are a few imports I won't mess with around here. Especially the ratty ones with missing body panels and stuff...They've been working on gofast instead of lookgood.

CobraRed_96_GT said:
No stuff...I had an F350 Turbo Diesel behind me at the light yesterday...I took off kind of quick since he was coming up pretty fast before we stopped and damned if that thing didn't stay at my quarter panel when I changed lanes. I let off and as he went by I saw the SCT sticker on the window. Don't know what else it had but that big bitch could move.

I dont have anyone try to race me dont know why even though every other car is faster than me anyways.

I dont live in a big city or anything and most of the 4 bangers that I know of around me smoke me. Just buy a srt-4 or sti or evo and do a couple mods and your in the 12s.

Maybe my friends cars are just fast.:shrug:

My friends 01 neon es that has a srt-4 swap and upgraded everything ran 12.50s before he blew it up and then did internals...he moved to ohio for a lil bit so if you see his car say whats up and then watch him disappear.

After the internals he destroyed my friends 04 modded ZO6.

Pretty much what im sayin is i dont race anyone because Im gonna lose I only run 14.0...and ill still lose to most of them with the Vortech. But I dont pay attention to the losers in the rusted out civics...all there trying to do is make you pissed and then laugh later.

man not only do i get it by every single f'ing crx with the loudest pos exhaust you'll ever hear, but now i get the 4cyl ranger guys that are all jacked up revving on me...they sound just as terrible as the crx's do...but hey, gives me an excuse to make they're jaw drop when the ballsy sound of my car rips through their doors... i love showing up ricers!