does this sound good? (rearend)

• Sponsors (?)

Why not build the rear? Clutch dumps onto slicks with no worries. :nice:

Well, rear end at least. I don't know how the stock clutch and 3650 would stand up to that.

stock clutch is great. trans is fine. input shaft maybe??

red, at least 4.10s. If you plan on staying all motor for awhile i suggest upgrading to 4.30s. i probably will at some point. I would have when i did my rebuild but money was tight at the time and i found some used 4.10s for $40 to replace the ones that got fuct when my rear broke

jackie thanks for your replies, you inpaticular have been of great help, So do you think it is a good idea to go with used gears? I think you are starting to sway me toward the 4.10s, will i have any oil consumption issues since i will be at higher revs? Again on average im only on the highway about 10miles a week. Again my car only has 11k miles on it.

RED98Z28 said:
jackie thanks for your replies, you inpaticular have been of great help, So do you think it is a good idea to go with used gears? I think you are starting to sway me toward the 4.10s, will i have any oil consumption issues since i will be at higher revs? Again on average im only on the highway about 10miles a week. Again my car only has 11k miles on it.

I dont recommend used gears. Especially when you can get a brand new set for pretty cheap at www.stangstore.com

The somewhat higher revs will not consume more oil, especially if you only spend about 10 miles a wek on the interstate. I say go 4.10's and dont look back. If you decide you want 4.30's, then contanct Randy Stinchcomb over at Modular Depot. He's selling them for cheap.

As for the Eaton Posi thing, I dont know where to tell you to check. You might seriously want to shoot a PM to Automatic weapon, Starkie, or Bill Putnam. They can really help you out on the differential part. I think its a good decision on the 4.10's. As long as you learn to drive them, you wont regret it.