Dog Under 3k Rpm

Gator740

Jul 16, 2016
Yo, I have a 93 GT, 306 tfs1 cam, holly intake, and sct tuner.I've come to realize, it's kind of a dog under 3k, but after 3k it's like a rocketship from fast and furious.
The powerplant has around 80k on it, but the stock T5 has around 288k. I'm assuming the problem may lie in the trans, the flywheel was resurfaced when the clutch was installed a few years ago.

I've road in a couple 5 liters and never noticed this issue. I also think it may be the trans because when I lazily shift I hear quite a lot of fuss coming from the trams (I believe). The only problem I know with the drive train would be the Trak lock clutches are worn. I doubt thatd have anything to do with it.
Any advice or criticism would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I bought the car from the second owner, who put 200k on it :/ the car has had the same set up since the rebuild which has been awhile ago.
I'm sure the cam was Installed right since it's had 80k put on it. It has Jr windor heads with whatever equipment it came with.
From my understanding the base timing is set at 10° . I think the injectors may be a little hefty, their 40lb. The car has a 70mm TB holly systemax upper and lower intake, with a stock dist. With a accel? TfI. It's a roller motor.

40# injectors? I didnt know Ford made those... what color are they.. You only need 24's at the power level you are running. As mentioned, advance the timing to 14 and see if taht helps without detonation.

40# injectors? Holy crap. Those gotta be blue 24#ers no?

I'd run your engine codes and see if anything is stored. 3K IIRC, is the RPm that the O2s are ignored above, so I wonder if your issue is tune related (too much fuel) or something else. I'd start by seeing if there are any codes stores

They're light blue injectors, I couldn't read the part # I'm sure it was the 24's. I'll definitely dump the codes, I'm sure their are some,When I cleaned my air filter the MAF got coated with oil and th car acted like it was on its last leg.