Done with my install, VIDEO inside of sound

First thank you everyone...without your guys help along the way I wouldn't have been able to do this by myself.....Especially helping me diagnose screw ups and giving advise on some of the stupid little things I got hung up on!

Finished Install....I'm stoked right now....Only thing I've ever done before this car was brake and oil changes...... since, I've done shocks struts springs.... and the latest...

I haven't taken the car out to drive it yet because I'm fiddling with the sniper and waiting for the sealant to cure on the oil galley plugs.....

But here's what I did over the last month or so ( taking my time and waiting for parts)

BBK shortys, Patriot stge II heads, VT II cams, catless Pro Chamber, flow 40's, PP 75mm TB and plenum, CAI, BBK Pulley's (actually idn't install yet)

Here's a vid of the sound, it sounds a little louder than it is because it's in the garage but you'll get the idea

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2778511455200717220&hl=en

Question too....when I set the idle low and I'm getting a good amount of vibration from the engine there's a knocking sound....I would guess it's obviously due to the movement of the engine...exhaust maybe?!?! Haven't been able to track it down yet......any suggestions? I can just raise the idle about 200 and it will stop but I like the lumpy sound with it lower...:nice:

Once i get her up and goin I'll do some high speed run by's....I'll post up :D

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds great. Question for you about your VT stage 2 cams. I'm putting them in my car and I am having trouble with ptv clearances. How did you install them and did you check your clearances? Did you degree your cams?

I could help you if you're going from the 99-00 stamped on gears to the bolt on.... as that's what I did....I'd be more than happy to share and send you some pics of what I did if you're doing the same. And no, I didn't degree.....PM me if you want some more info...

chris

question, so I'm having some difficulties understanding my sniper software and have to wait till monday to call em when they're open......

Can I drive my car with the stock tune provided I don't get on the gas and keep the rpms low? I'd really like to take her out for a little round the neighborhood cruise...

question, so I'm having some difficulties understanding my sniper software and have to wait till monday to call em when they're open......

Can I drive my car with the stock tune provided I don't get on the gas and keep the rpms low? I'd really like to take her out for a little round the neighborhood cruise...

You would be fine just cruising, but don't go WOT. That thing sounds SICK! If my engine could handle any more, I would have cams, haha. I think all you need now is a little whistle to accompany those cams! :nice:

well, not going to be able to putz around town....tried taking her down the block and it was chugging quite a bit...hopefully it's because I haven't been able to give it a tune yet?!!?

Yeah, I want to get a blower...I'll get one in a couple months once i start doing research on what I want. And now that I've done it, switching to some VT blower cams will be a snap:nice: I heard a paxton with a race blow off valve or something like that, that sounded almost like a tubine at idle...that's what i want :D , not into the sleeper thing