Dont like plastic honeycomb inserts?

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang5L5 said:
No, V6 side scoops are the same as 99-00 GT/CObra/V6 side scoops.

Bullitts are unique scoops.

I think the whole "mesh-grill" look is starting to be overdone these days. I know honeycomb isn't much better but i don't want my car looking like some giant strainer coming down the road
Biiizzzzzz! :D :rlaugh:

I know this thread is old but my Mach being a very late run 03 model (built July 29th 2003, last day of prod. was July 30th), it got the 03-04 Cobra inserts from the factory. WAY better than the honeycomb.

Picture011.jpg

Attachments

• Picture011.jpg
    Picture011.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 82
Mineral01 said:
I know this thread is old but my Mach being a very late run 03 model (built July 29th 2003, last day of prod. was July 30th), it got the 03-04 Cobra inserts from the factory. WAY better than the honeycomb.

Picture011.jpg

Thats the same my GT has so what are the GT side scoops supposed to look like?:shrug:

Attachments

• Picture011.jpg
    Picture011.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 69
04YELLOWGT said:
Thats the same my GT has so what are the GT side scoops supposed to look like?:shrug:

look at the black inserts. On the GT/Mach 1, it's supposed to be honeycombed like the hood scoop.

On the 03/04 Cobras, the black inserts are slotted like in the picture

hotmustang331 said:
I personally LOVE my side scoops....I wouldnt put on Bullitt if they were given to me. I think its a downgrade...look cheap looking.

I agree 100%. I basically have the same car as you (appearancewise) and love all the fake scoops on it. It was one of the reasons i wanted an 01+ GT.

I can't even consider an aftermarket hood because i love the GT scooped hood.

As for ths side scoops, the 01+ are the best. I don't know why people put on bullitt scoops. Sure it looks clean, but now you have a flat peice of plastic tacked onto the side of your car that isn't really anything other than a flat peice of plastic. At lease the scoop is, well a scoop

has anyone here just removed the honeycomb patterns on the scoops and painted them? i was thinking of just doing that....

i have a 00 gt and i bought a scoop im gonna bolt on, the thing is i dont know if i should keep the honeycomb pattern on it. it may look better without it and help prevent it from retaining water. if i take it off i guess ill just take off the side scoop honeycomb patterns and just paint it red where they were to match the cars color.

what do you all think?

I agree 100%. I basically have the same car as you (appearancewise) and love all the fake scoops on it. It was one of the reasons i wanted an 01+ GT.

As for ths side scoops, the 01+ are the best. I don't know why people put on bullitt scoops. Sure it looks clean, but now you have a flat peice of plastic tacked onto the side of your car that isn't really anything other than a flat peice of plastic. At lease the scoop is, well a scoop

:eek: I guess everyone has different taste..The scoops on new edge mustangs look like moldings you buy at walmart to me, kind of like those c-pillar scoops some people put on there back side windows :notnice:

Have you seen the bullit side scoops in person? they look awesome, makes the car look more aggressive I think. And honeycomb side inserts suck like front grill honeycomb inserts

I couldn't have said it better myself.

has anyone here just removed the honeycomb patterns on the scoops and painted them? i was thinking of just doing that....

i have a 00 gt and i bought a scoop im gonna bolt on, the thing is i dont know if i should keep the honeycomb pattern on it. it may look better without it and help prevent it from retaining water. if i take it off i guess ill just take off the side scoop honeycomb patterns and just paint it red where they were to match the cars color.

what do you all think?

You need the honeycomb on the hood scoop because it deflects air and reinforces the scoop. Without it, the scoop has actually ripped off the car at highway speed.