Douchebags that want to race

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I still like flashing the (real or toy) officer badge at the goofball in his mom's Buick who wants to race. I could get out and push my Mustang faster and safer than that one could drive.

Just to set the record straight, I do not condone street racing, nor do I partake in anything of the such. I didn't break any laws, yes, I had two beers in me, but was over about a 3-4 hour period, so I know I was under the limit, and last I checked, there is no law against quick acceleration up to the speed limit. It just pisses me off that d-bags like that kid think that they are "cool" because they see an older Mustang and want to see what they can do against it. Yeah, dude, I get it. You have a turbo. I can hear your blow off. But there is still no replacement for displacement, so you just got put in your place in a 0-45mph run. Once I hit 45, I skip third and fourth, and go ahead and put her into fifth, and resume my "grandma" driving skills. I just don't understand why these kids still want to go after they have been owned by a 26 year old car that is nearly 100% stock.:shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
I think that's the best part. I look up specs of X ricer like car and see the turbo puts out an amazing 220 horsepower or something of the like, and the non-turbo is like 100 horsepower. Then account for the heavy 4 door body they typically ride on.
I always pull away.

I dunno, on the street initiating something like a wanna be launch from a red light, if it were me (NOT that it ever would be) I would be too embarrassed to even try to keep pushing the dude that just blew my doors off. I just don't understand their thinking. He was beat hard off the line, and I mean hard enough in an all out 1/4 mi. track run I would have still beaten him even after his turbo was able to spool up all the way through 3rd, why even try?

RacEoHolic330 Why would the mods lock this thread?

Or maybe I should ask Noobz347...:shrug:

I dunno, on the street initiating something like a wanna be launch from a red light, if it were me (NOT that it ever would be) I would be too embarrassed to even try to keep pushing the dude that just blew my doors off. I just don't understand their thinking. He was beat hard off the line, and I mean hard enough in an all out 1/4 mi. track run I would have still beaten him even after his turbo was able to spool up all the way through 3rd, why even try?

RacEoHolic330 Why would the mods lock this thread?

Or maybe I should ask Noobz347...:shrug:

Street racing threads in general get locked. It's in the TOS. I don't generally get too spun up about these kinds of threads because the circumstances are so lame. I wish I had a dollar for every pubescent teen in cars that mommy and daddy own, who revved their little squirrel motor at me from a stop light. :rolleyes:

90lxcoupe hit the nail on the head. If this is a conversation that needs to be had then just think of the dumbest scenario you can come with and do that. :O_o:

/sarcasm

Just to set the record straight, I do not condone street racing, nor do I partake in anything of the such. I didn't break any laws, yes, I had two beers in me, but was over about a 3-4 hour period, so I know I was under the limit, and last I checked, there is no law against quick acceleration up to the speed limit. It just ****es me off that d-bags like that kid think that they are "cool" because they see an older Mustang and want to see what they can do against it. Yeah, dude, I get it. You have a turbo. I can hear your blow off. But there is still no replacement for displacement, so you just got put in your place in a 0-45mph run. Once I hit 45, I skip third and fourth, and go ahead and put her into fifth, and resume my "grandma" driving skills. I just don't understand why these kids still want to go after they have been owned by a 26 year old car that is nearly 100% stock.:shrug:

Reckless Driving? Exhibition of speed? Drag Racing?

If you accelerated like you stated in your initial post (and this one), you broke all 3 of these laws. You don't need to be speeding to get any of these tickets. Had a cop saw this, you would have been hit with 1 or 2 of those fines. Reckless Driving, because simply, you were being reckless. Exhibition of speed, because you "sped" up to the speed limit, much faster than normal driving. Drag Racing, because you admitted you did, to the speed limit.

Reckless Driving? Exhibition of speed? Drag Racing?

If you accelerated like you stated in your initial post (and this one), you broke all 3 of these laws. You don't need to be speeding to get any of these tickets. Had a cop saw this, you would have been hit with 1 or 2 of those fines. Reckless Driving, because simply, you were being reckless. Exhibition of speed, because you "sped" up to the speed limit, much faster than normal driving. Drag Racing, because you admitted you did, to the speed limit.

weeeoooeee weeeoooeee, here comes the fun police.

Reactions: 1 users
There had to be... nobody that turns their own wrenches can afford OEM volvo parts. :rolleyes:
aint that the truth... when mine got rear ended i was going to have them put on a stock exhaust back on it since the "big" exhaust rattled. the OEM was 1600... i had them put a eurosport brand on it. and that one was 1500 lol. i should have just told them to order another OBX exhaust. that one sounded pretty good

and last I checked, there is no law against quick acceleration up to the speed limit.
I think around here you can get pulled over for "dangerous acceleration" or something like that. I think it's pretty stupid, because it's completely arbitrary. Just look around for the Five-Oh before spinning your tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.