Drive Shaft Question

fawcett

Sep 10, 2003
Cohasset, Ma
A few days a go I read a thread saying that FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft prices were going to increase in price significantly in the near future...

I am posting this message for the "learned" out there to either agree or disagree with this intel.

(If I remember correctly, prices were going to rise from $160 to $250)
Fawcett

• Sponsors (?)

BTW: What other Drive Shaft Products are out there for our T5's?

We 5-Speeders all share the same drive shaft right??

Fawcett
1995 Black Mustang Gts
340hp FRPP Crate Motor
E-Cam 24lb 65mm TB Pro-M 80
Trick Flow Track Heat Intake
Brembo's all around
17in Cobra R's
Plus I Roll Wingless

auto and 5 speeds should have the same driveshaft. I don't know of any others besides the stock and FRPP Alum. Driveshaft. If you look around, you could maybe find one for the old price? I might be interested in one now too...

from what i have gathered, prices on metal are goin up. and i had some site's prices saved, and they have gone up. one went from 140 to 200. i think ford said the new batch was gonna cost 40 bucks more than the old ones.

there was a huge thread about this about 3-4 weeks ago.
good luck.

Other than the aluminum, i've seen some carbon fiber shafts, but i wouldnt put one on my car if you gave it to me. Supposedly they further exploit the advantages of aluminum shafts since they're much lighter, and CF is of course very strong, but aluminum will flex whereas CF will shatter and splitner apart. Neither is very flexible and even aluminum will break before it bends, but there are guys running 8 second cars with FRPP shafts. That's all without mentioning the god aweful price of CF.