Driveline vibration

• Sponsors (?)

TKO 600... Just replaced my Detroit locker with a Ford Mustang 8.8" 31 Spline Traction Lok Differential brand new from Blue Oval. I had a LOT of backlash (and I mean a LOT) and since I didn't like the Detroit's behavior I choose to install and different king of diff... Backlash is gone but this vibration is very annoying. I think that the backlash problem may have hurt the U-Joints and I hope the tranny didn't suffer as well

Weird but I have a feeling that this vibration is coming from the engine. Could a badly timed engine be causing this vibration? Also, when I'm cruising or only feathering the throttle, I sometimes get a popping sound from the intake. When I floor i,t it seems to go fine with plenty of power though... I guess I'll have to look for codes when I have a minute. CEL has been on for awhile but I never bothered with it since the EGR is gone and I'm pretty sure I have a bad O2 sensor also.

Come to think of it, my mechanic dropped the gas pressure from around 45 lbs to 40 lbs and I think this popping started around that time... He thought it was running rich but I guess it wasn't... I'll up the fuel pressure to what it was before and see if this cures my problem.:shrug: