Drove an 04 cobra tonight!!

Yup, the DOHC Cobras scream in the upper RPM's although not as torquey in the lower RPM's

4.30's really wake em up. I'm serious. My friend has 4.30's in his '97 and swears by them. I've driven his car and it isn't as bad as you would think

• Sponsors (?)

I had a 1991 Mustang LX I sold it to get a 97 Cobra Black with black leather 30,000 miles I paid 12,000 for. Honestly I missed my 5.0 I wish I would of put a blower on the 5.0 would of been cheaper and alot faster. Think about it before you shell out the cash. I sold my Cobra for what I paid for it I got luckey. It ashame because a 19 year old kid bought the car I found out he totalled it sigh . Cobra are great but , if you put a blower on it with that stock block a piston will go . I kept mine stock with some exhaust and gears it was nice. Just think about it .

slow95gt said:
Its the pistons ive heard, I talked to a ford tech who had 3 96-98 cobras and said everyone of them dropped no# 8 cylinder, he said they were stock, but he also said he tuned arron archer's race car. I personally would like to have one, and with 305 hp you cant go wrong.

Josh

I thought mike johnson tuned arron archers car on his dyno at nolimit? I know his shop built the car.

pretty cool, even though terminators are my favorites cars, when i drove a stock one I was quite disapointed, its fast but you dont feel it. It DEFINATLY needs an exhaust, thatll give you that powerful feeling, with a programmer and pulley it would be a BEAST though. But again stock I wasent too impressed.

It was really smoothe and thats one of the things that i liked. The guy said that I was doing his job for him, selling it to my dad. It would be his DD if he got it, and he thought it was really comfortable. It has all of the comforts of his lincoln, with 400hp to boot. The seats are really comfortable and hold you in well. I would get a set if they weren't upwards of 1000 bucks!

yea I think thats why I didnt like it, it was quiet, and way too smooth, im used to being thrown in my seat, having the car SCREAM and being ROUGH, the cobra is quiet and smooth but before you know it your at 100mph like you said. All it needs is an o/r pipe and some straight through mufflers :nice:

I actually went to a dealership before this and checked out an 03 cobra. It was beat on like crazy and had 51k miles, but it sounded baddaasssss!! it had full 3 inch exhaust with bassani catback, a pulley and a tune, the thing was insane. I love being thrown in my seat ad well, but a 400 hp car that rides on rails, brakes and can be DD is friggin awesome. My dad is a business man and the reason he got the Lincoln LS is b/c my mustang was just TOO loud with o/r h and flows and being a vert. So it would be a nice combo for him. Hes really lookin forward to the gt500 but the dealerships are sayingthey are getting 30k over book for them, f that!

Nice wasn't it :D

It took me a while to get used to how smooth mine is. I remember doing 100mph in my Fox and I thought the world was about to end. If I go 100 in the Cobra I literally can't tell I'm going that fast. Mine is loud, with MAC LTs, Dr. Gas O/R X, and Dr. Gas catback with Spintechs, but nowhere near as loud as my Fox was. It still boggles my mind that a car that makes so much power behaves so civilized. All power options work (A/C included :eek: ) and I'm not constantly watching the gauges. With just exhaust it made 408 rwhp and I just put on a JLT CAI, and it feels like I picked up some definite power with that. After a pulley and tune it's gonna just be sick. If I want to drive the car normal though, I can, but it is hard to keep your foot out of the gas sometimes with all that power on tap.

Also, 31K is a rip. I got mine for less than 26K and it only had 7800 miles thru a private sale.

Ive owned three Cobras and the 03 I currently own is by far my favorite. I thought my 98 with 300rwhp was fast. Nah, not even close to this one with just over 400. Pulley change and 500 here I come.

See this is what kills me... I could sell my 01GT and my 93LX and have enough to only finance $10,000 or less on a Terminator, but the wifey doesn't like the idea of a baby in one (the baby which we don't have :nonono:)

Strype said:
See this is what kills me... I could sell my 01GT and my 93LX and have enough to only finance $10,000 or less on a Terminator, but the wifey doesn't like the idea of a baby in one (the baby which we don't have :nonono:)
Why not? The '03 will be a hell of a lot safer than your '93, and it's the same body as the '01. Yeah they Cobra will have a lot more power than the GT but it's not like you're gonna go drive around like an idiot with a baby in the car.

Strype said:

There is no boost unless you go past 33% throttle. Even then the boost stays low until you get past 3300 rpm.