Dumb-a** Camaro driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
HoustonGT said:
Honestly, just stop trying to be all high and mighty. I get so pissed off when someone comes in and says "i've never given the Mustang more than a 1/4 throttle on the streets, EVER!" Thats the biggest load of crap ive ever heard. So you drive the thing everyday and don't go over 3k rpm unless you're lined up at the tree at your local drag strip? Gimme a break. We got the cars because we like the looks and power. IF she went 10mph over the speed limit to keep him back a bit with no traffic around, then let her do it.
Not attempting to single you out or anything, im just sick of people that come on here and say crap like that and act better than the rest as if the rest of us are dumbass kids or completely irresponsible :rolleyes:

WERD!!! :Word: :Word:

are you trying to be internet police TGJ? :nono:

I hate a ball face lie

• Sponsors (?)

01Steeda said:
WERD!!! :Word: :Word:

are you trying to be internet police TGJ? :nono:

I hate a ball face lie

Nope, just pointing out the fact that the person driving the Mustang is just as retarded as the Camaro driver, nothing more nothing less.

Ok, you know what, I never meant to start a war. I won't say I would never street race, I might in the right situation. I am a 38 year old woman, however, and do have some sense. I will say that the posted limit on this road is 45 and I didn't go above 55. So yeah, I broke the law and was speeding, tho not excessively, and yes, it was still illegal, but then again, so is my 20% tint :shrug: . Is your off-road xpipe illegal? But I didn't do anything excessive, and I did pay attention to traffic and slow way before I really needed to, and if anyone doesn't like it, I'm not really caring. I have kids, and won't endanger other families, like the idiot I referenced, but I also won't have a fun car and not enjoy it. And for those around here, it's a white SS. :D

I dont think she did anything wrong:shrug: I am 17 and just got my Mustang Gt a month ago and I will admit I drive like a grandma, but I would have done the same thing she did. I will admit it I have raced a few people before but only to around the speed limit but that is just as dangerous. Other than those few times I usually drive about 5 mph under the speed limit, because I know the cops would just love to pull me over.

TGJ said:
Do you know me or anything about me? Nope, didn't think so, so your point means absolutely nothing. How do you know it was 10 mph over the speed limit? Could have easily been 30 - 40 MPH over the speed limit.

bluextc said:
...so I sped up a little, since traffic was a few lights ahead. Got a little closer to traffic and slowed back down...

I'd say about 27 MPH...j/k. Honestly, I do that now and again just for s**ts and grins (feel the acceleration, hear the exhaust, etc.). It sure didn't sound like street racing to me...sounded like some spirited, attentive, responsible driving.....

TGJ said:
Let's say that Camaro hit that SUV, then what? I know what would happen do you?

bluextc said:
...a white Camaro turns on about 1 light behind me, glance up again and see he is flying ...he's so busy worrying about what I'm doin, or maybe laughing to his friends about how he's faster than a nearly-stock mustang gt, that he almost slams into the back of an SUV, and has to swerve onto the shoulder, then swerves back into the lane in front of the SUV, cutting him off...
And you're scalding the Mustang driver when obviously the Camaro was driving like a complete tool.

I guess I'm going to have to add to my sig:
Member #4 of the Dumbass Mustang Driver Club

View attachment 459391

bluextc said:
Ok, you know what, I never meant to start a war. I won't say I would never street race, I might in the right situation. I am a 38 year old woman, however, and do have some sense. I will say that the posted limit on this road is 45 and I didn't go above 55. So yeah, I broke the law and was speeding, tho not excessively, and yes, it was still illegal, but then again, so is my 20% tint :shrug: . Is your off-road xpipe illegal? But I didn't do anything excessive, and I did pay attention to traffic and slow way before I really needed to, and if anyone doesn't like it, I'm not really caring. I have kids, and won't endanger other families, like the idiot I referenced, but I also won't have a fun car and not enjoy it. And for those around here, it's a white SS. :D

You sound like one hell of a cool mom...

Yeah to come on here and act like that is a little sensless. Tgj you keep saying i know what will happen, i'm not getting into it or whatever, were you in a wreck that involved street racing if so your complaint is justified but i would not call her run in with the camaro street racing she took evasive actions and the camaro just went on not paying attention and almost hurt somone making the camaro the stupid one not bluextc. This site is based around the love and enthusiasm of cars, we all go out and have fun with, mostly responsible fun there is nothing wrong with what she did i just think that some people are out to make it seem like they are as houston gt said high and mighty and that does get anoying. Just have fun and if no one gets hurt or in trouble leave it at that

Tonight I was sitting at a red light, two kids probaly a little younger than me pull up next to me in a Maxima. Light turns green, they fly off, I take off totally normal.

Im going down the road, they are two lanes over. They get next to me in my lane and slow down beside me, and then I hear them punch it. I drop it in 4th and peg the gas, pulling infront of them. By this time were at a whopping 5mph over the speed limit by the time I reach my turn off. Does that make me dumb?

I wasnt racing them as in racing them to blow their doors off and acheive high speeds, but it was more of a "c'mon, you know im faster... let me scare you off" quick little burst to the speed limit, or 5 over.

It would be irresponsible for me to have dropped it into 3rd, peg the gas, wind 3rd out to near 100 and laugh at how many truck lengths they are behind me.

In situations like the origional poster had I would react like this. In the Mustang, I would have either sped up so they werent on my ass, or changed lanes and slowed down so they could go around me and Id just trail them. In my 4x4 I would brake check the hell out of them. A camaro will slide right under my lifted Jeep, and if they are that close to me as to them not being able to stop, then thats wayyy to close for my comfort.

well who cares, drive you cars how you want. i will say regardless if your racing someone or just driving by yourself, not flooring your mustang everyonce in a while is not good for your car!!!:D

you think im kidding. i bought my car new and drove it like grandma for the first 5,000 miles. when i went to change my heads there was tons more carbon build up on the heads and engine then there should have been at my mileage. its fron being to light on the gas and lugging the engine all the time.

now the car goes through the rpm band pretty good every time i drive it....

If you own a V8 muscle car your gonna get on it now and then. If you say you don't your full of crap, plain and simple!:D

Im 34 and I drive the hell out of my car. All it takes is common sense to know when its not a good time or place. If Im on a empty back road you can bet Im gonna open her up or leave my sig..:nice:

I beat my car pretty regularly I like to get on it every once and a while and do not endanger anyone.

I may get a little sideways around a corner:D or get the tires to chirp but i dont street race and im pretty sure the original poster was not street racing. If she was the thread would have been closed.

Sign me up for the dumb a** mustang driver club:nice:

TGJ said:
Do you know me or anything about me? Nope, didn't think so, so your point means absolutely nothing. How do you know it was 10 mph over the speed limit? Could have easily been 30 - 40 MPH over the speed limit.

Let's say that Camaro hit that SUV, then what? I know what would happen do you?

So you are saying it would be her fault that the Camaro hit the SUV? She
did not make the Camaro driver do what he did. The Camaro may have hit
the SUV even if the Mustang did not speed up. Seems many of the highways I drive on now the people are already driving 10 - 15 mph over the limit.
I enjoy my Mustang too, but know when to have some fun and when not
to. So I guess all of us who enjoy our cars on the street are dumba$$es?
Who cares?

BurningRubber said:
You sound like one hell of a cool mom...
Well thanks, my 2 teenage daughters would disagree with you though. NOT cool to have a mom who talks about nothing but Mustangs, listens to Slayer and Mudvayne, and can drink with the best of them, haha. They do say I'm more fun than their friends' minivan driving moms, though :D

TGJ said:
The only time I test my Mustang and TBird out are when they are at the race track, the only time. I won't be trading my cars in on a Corolla, and I won't get into why.

She wasn't street racing, what the ... do you call it then? She sped up to keep this camaro behind her, other than the fact they didn't do that 3 horn crap BS and start side by side, it is street racing and she is a Dumb Ass for doing what she did.

If you have ever broken the law (1MPH over speed limit, not COMEPLETELY stopping at a stop light, not using a blinker, ect) then PLEASE KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF!
:nonono:

Status
Not open for further replies.