Dumb Dumb

for_honor

Nov 20, 2004
Fort Polk, La
Hey guys, I'm pretty sure of the answer but just want verification. I got the GT-40 crate engine with XP heads and an E CAM, computer went crazy, so I called up JMS and got a chip sent. Installed it and I'm still getting some bucking and the car will kill at idle with the A/C on. I haven't changed my O2 sensors and I blew a head gasket on my old motor. Do you guys believe that this is the primary issue? Can the 02 sensors cause such havoc? Also, maybe an Autozone mistake or I may just be on too many pain killers for my shoulders...but our cars have two 02 sensors, correct? Where are they located? From my exhaust experience I've got one on each side of the flanges near the headers...this guy said they had two as well but one was before the cat and one after? Both with different prices? Any insight? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

you only have two o2 sensors, they are both before the catalytic converter, and are the same part number/price per side. i used to work for autozone and know for a fact there computers seem to have some trouble recognizing this, as it says that for all the cars. the people at autozone probably dont know a whole lot about cars, as there job is to sell parts not know what they are selling. but u only have two and they are close to the collector flange, on the midpipe. i have seen them cause some driveability issues when they were bad but never anything like this. i dont know if that is all of ur problem, but it could be partially the problem, combined with a mail order tune, it could just be the prob. the mail order tunes are supposed to be good tunes, but not dead on accurate. u wont get a perfect tune without a dynotune with a/f ratios

a dyno pull with a wideband will tell you everything you need to know. when telling a chip maker your combo over the phone or through an e-mail they can approximate what you need, but even still, the results will vary from car to car. gewt on the dyno with the wideband o2 and let us know what it comes up with.