DYNO DAY AT CARB CONNECTION 26 JUN

• Sponsors (?)

Dang:

Looks like I better show up if for nothing else all of us lowly Mustang peeps are going to be way outnumbered by the SVT types... Do you think they will be bringing champaign and brie??? Anyone mind if I just bring a beer, some club crackers, and a can of smoked oysters??? :D

N20Jnky said:
Dang:

Looks like I better show up if for nothing else all of us lowly Mustang peeps are going to be way outnumbered by the SVT types... Do you think they will be bringing champaign and brie??? Anyone mind if I just bring a beer, some club crackers, and a can of smoked oysters??? :D

Its alright, come on down, bring your crackers and fish too..LOL....it should be quite a show there as well, different cars with different mods

Rick

so, now my dad would like to come on down, and dyno... I told him it's a first come-first serve basis... what are the chanses of him getting in? I mean, how much longer do we have the dyno after the registered people are done?

-it's my bro's 1990 GT w/ a superchip (who swears it added 60RWHP :nonono:) and I'd just love to prove him wrong :rlaugh: plus, the car is for sale, and it'd be nice to put those numbers out there.

WEll we have as much time as they want to give us, its up to the operators. Its supposed to rain, so it says that now, so I figure a few wont show anyways.....like I always said come down just to check it out if anything...

rick

well, my dad now wants to come on up and check out our GT for sale... plus check out the A/F of it all... btw, they don't adjust it there? correct? they just tell you it, and if you have a adjuster, you can do it in the lot... right? thnx guys...

-btw, what were directions again? looked in previous posts, but for whatever reason, aren't seeing them :D thnx.

Well I'm not going to make it. Getting the AC fixed in the truck then running the Mustang down to Univeristy Ford so Brian can adjust my rockers/lifters/pushrods. I've got too much noise and don't want to wear things out. I guess the motor I got wasn't assembled all that great by the previous owner. Fortunately it was only the top end they messed with.

Directions were posted in the thread. East off I-405 at 124th, left on Slater(132) by Chrysler Jeep, right on the street for emissions (not far), Carb Connection is in an industrial park on the right.
Have fun.

Rick, thanks for putting this together. I had a great time. I was surprised how well my car did. 241.7rwhp/ 279.3 rwtq! Now I just need to get the headers, x-pipe, acufab plenum. Thanks again and I will try my best to go next time too.

although the A/F part was not worth the extra money... the top-speed dyno was totally worth it!!! :D :D :D :D that was freaking amazing! my speedo needle almost hit 0 again! :rlaugh: and peter can vouch for me on that ! and btw, numbers were 232.3RWHP and 293.8RWTQ

-that's a gain of about 20RWHP and 14RWTQ just from my O/R 2.5" exhaust, all the way back!!! so, to all of you who said the loss of torque wasn't really worth it... HA! :D

Hey Vip.....

...um about your ad.... weren't all the 25th aniversary cars LXs with metalic green paint and a white top?
Not flaming, just asking...?
My 90 has a dash emblem that says "25 years" too, but it's not a 25th aniversary car.... know what I mean?

Of course some California geek with a pocket full of cash may not know that and you'll be sittin fat. :nice: :D

DD

well, first, flame all you want :D because it's not my add :rlaugh: it's my bro's car, who is kinda "lazy" but you didn't hear that from me... so my dad listed it... hence all the little kinda odd phrases... he says they're "gramatically correct" but I disagree... so, yeah, it probably isn't a "25th aniv." but it does say "25 years" so, I dunno... maybe we will get some dumbass who doesn't realize that :D

-but yeah, not my car, not my add, all I really care about is having the garage back to myself again so my mustang doesn't get bird crap on it every day! :rlaugh:

btw, the graph :D :D still really stoked about that speed thing! (even though I was standing still... my spedo needle was pointing down and to the left!

mustang_dyno_sheet_62604_2.jpg