Dyno Day in South Sound (Tacoma)

• Sponsors (?)

The place in Redmond is called 'Dyno Authority'. They're at 18014 Redmond Way D-34 Redmond. 425-869-8324 will put you in touch with them.

Cavallo said:
I am the old WA Chapter Prez over there.
...and I had my hand in it's creation way back when... :p

Don't forget that there's also a pretty active Washington Chapter at Fordtruckworld.com. There'd probably be a few people there interested as well.

Tom in Tacoma said:
The place in Redmond is called 'Dyno Authority'. They're at 18014 Redmond Way D-34 Redmond. 425-869-8324 will put you in touch with them.

...and I had my hand in it's creation way back when... :p

Don't forget that there's also a pretty active Washington Chapter at Fordtruckworld.com. There'd probably be a few people there interested as well.

Thanks Tom, I will go to that board too.

Mustanglife also has meets every Friday night in Puyallup on South Hill behind the Starbucks. Lots of nice stangs and friendly people up there in case anyone is interested. Until the weather gets warmer we have changed our meeting place to the Krispy Kreme at the South Hill Mall.

I'm sure there will be lots of WA members interested in the dyno. Thanks for setting this up.

Dawn
WA Chapter Prez.

The dyno is a new one at:

"Fairlady Motors"
2912 69th Avenue West #D14
University Place, 98466.

Plugging that into Map Quest or similar site should get you there. I'll post directions too. It's a shop that specializes in Z cars. He had a EFI 5.0 sitting in a Z when I stopped by. He said that the SBF is lighter, physically smaller, and makes tons of power; and he prefers it to the SBC for Z swaps. It looked like parking will be no problem and we are going to try to organize this so we can line up the cars and go right through the garage with no backing out. We'll see.

$30 for ONE pull?? $10 per pull for WB or is that a one time setup??

I think I am not the only one that would want a package for like 3 pulls.. lets you at least tinker with timing or FP a little bit. One pull is sort of anti climactic as you can't do anything to see if it helps?? Usually dyno day specials are 3 pulls for $40-70 +one time WB setup.

I might be interested, just let me know about number of pulls..

lamrith said:
$30 for ONE pull?? $10 per pull for WB or is that a one time setup??

I think I am not the only one that would want a package for like 3 pulls.. lets you at least tinker with timing or FP a little bit. One pull is sort of anti climactic as you can't do anything to see if it helps?? Usually dyno day specials are 3 pulls for $40-70 +one time WB setup.

I might be interested, just let me know about number of pulls..

Prices are as follows:

First HP run..............$40 Consec, runs............$20
Wide Band...............$15 first run $10 consec.runs
Club HP runs............$35 for 10 or less participants
Club HP runs............$30 for more than 10 participants
Club consec runs......$10/run

Tuning/hour.............TBA
Club On Site Events...TBA

This is the pricelist given to me.

So $40-45 ( dependng on turn out) for 1st run with WB, $20 each additional with WB.. That is not bad at all.. Pencil me in for 3 runs. I will let you know if anything changes before then, but I plan to be there.

OH, I already have a spare O2 bung on my Exh, so they will not have to do that heh

I used to set up Dyno Days (that some of you attended last year) with Mustang Life and Ford Truck World. They were done at Turbo Tech. The prices quoted above are basically the same price that we paid TT 5 years ago - and you'll get more real-world numbers on the Mustang dyno.

lamrith said:
So $40-45 ( dependng on turn out) for 1st run with WB, $20 each additional with WB.. That is not bad at all.. Pencil me in for 3 runs. I will let you know if anything changes before then, but I plan to be there.

OH, I already have a spare O2 bung on my Exh, so they will not have to do that heh

I will check on his ability to weld in bungs. For those who need them, it might be prudent to get that done in advance. But any of us with EFI cars can just remove an O2 sensor.

Tom in Tacoma said:
I used to set up Dyno Days (that some of you attended last year) with Mustang Life and Ford Truck World. They were done at Turbo Tech. The prices quoted above are basically the same price that we paid TT 5 years ago - and you'll get more real-world numbers on the Mustang dyno.

Thanks for the info, Tom. I understand that this dyno can simulate a 1/4 mile pass, but just like in the real world, traction is an issue. So if you have slicks, bring them. If you are interested in wide band info (like me), I don't think traction is an issue.

The reason traction might be an issue is because the Mustang dyno puts a load against the drive wheels (versus the Jet dyno being an inertia type).

I thought there was something wrong with my truck because it took so damned long to wind it up on the Mustang dyno. Then they explained it to me... :p