Dyno in Kelowna

cobranator

Founding Member
Sep 16, 2001
Kelowna, B.C. Canada
For the longest time I wanted to dyno my car and I was ready to go to Calgary for the long weekend coming up to make a dyno run there since there wasn't any in town but lo and behold we finally got one here.Elite Auto Center on Enterprise way has one and yesterday they had their grand openning with discounts on dyno pulls so I took the plung and had my car dynoed. :banana:

Just to let you know that if you always wanted to dyno your car now you can do it right here in town. But just don't expect big numbers becasue they have a Mustang MD 400 dyno which gives lower HP readings than a Dyno jet dyno.However for tuning your car the MD is the better way to go. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

aete2 said:
Hey Paul did you get it done? what #s :p

Hi Greg... it dynoed at 240.5 rwhp and it was a hot day also, but remember it's a Mustang dyno it reads lower than a Dyno jet dyno. If I do the conversion from MD to a DJ it comes out to 274 rwhp. They also dynoed a late 80's or early 90's Camaro RS and all it put down was about 100 rwhp but I don't know if it was a V6 or a 305 TBI V8 or if he had any mods done to it at all.

The guy also showed me a dyno run they did a couple of days earlier on a 99 Cobra and he put down only 202 rwhp but I don't know if he had the recall done on it, I would hope that by now all 99 Cobras would have been fixed.However they also said that most cars they dyno the owners are surprised that they don't get the numbers they were hoping for and are a little po'd, everybody thinks their car is a power house not realizing that they are running it on a MD not a Dyno jet dyno.

They told me that they are having a dyno day next month although they haven't set a date yet. I'll go down that day just to see what everybody else is putting down. Also I think that Gerry will run his 94 GT convertible.If you know of anyone else maybe let them know.Here's the ph.# for Elite auto 491-9105

what do they charge? you will have to come see my car now that its done i feel a bit better {like i have a real car again after selling the Cobra to you} :D hows things?

ouch! i thought it would be a lot less than that to rich for my blood :nice: I did a lot to the out side of the car custom paint cowl hood that sort of stuff if you see it you wont miss it.