Dyno results!!!

I havent been able to drive her yet. (except on and off a trailer) She went straight from my house to the dyno shop so they could work out a couple problems that I was having. With my old engine it would run between 180 and 190 all day long. You need to watch the temp though, those are very high and it can cause a lot of damage especially to aluminum heads

• Sponsors (?)

on the stock block.. i would not push it anymore then you allready have.. i have seen stock 60,000 mile 302 come apart by themselves n/a no boost.. so i wouldl start saving for a beefer block... so you don't have to buy the everything again

yes i know, i took the car from my friends shop to the house, it was like a 15 minute dirve but five minutes before getting to the house that's when i notice that the temp was getting high. the car is sitting at home until i fix that problem. I am going to look into the black magic fan, i heard a lot of good things about them. I should of known better becuse the fan that i got only cost me $55 dollars.

ouch-man, 250*-260* is gonna end up warping something, and coking up the oil...

the black magic is pretty decent on mine, with a 3-core brass rad in the Texas summer it would only climb to 210* if i was stuck in traffic or at a drive-thru.

proform also makes one-same thing-for about $80 cheaper...my friend's got one on his 'vert, and it works the exact same as mine...

i am planning to stay with this set up for a couple of months. I am going to consentrate on the temp. problem at this time. What kind of electic fan do you guys recommend. Do you guys think that the Black Magic Fan will do a lot better with my tem. problems.

Look into a dual fan set-up from a Focus, they pull a ton of air and are fairly low profile. www.dccontrol.com also sells some very nice kits, controllers and all.

Boost is a measurement of restriction, and it is all relative to the motor. The stock psi numbers from the blower companies are based on a stock motor for that model year. Nice numbers though, with 6 more pounds it will make in the 550 range, but I'd keep it calm your block is on borrowed time.

I have a few DART blocks here at the shop, had my first Man-O-War block come through a few weeks ago, waiting for it to come back from machining currently. It is a nice piece but very different from the DART, some good features but it also has some differences that you need to be careful off depending on what you are building.

thanks for the info. i summited another thread aking about any suggestions about an electric fan. the site you gave me looks pretty intresting i am going to cantact them, and see what kind of deal they can give me. thanks again.