Dyno tune this Tuesday

HoofnIt

Founding Member
Jan 8, 2001
North Carolina
Is there anything I need to do prior to my dyno tune? The dyno will include a custom burned chip. Should I set my timing back to 10 deg? Does it matter where I have my fp set? I have a 255 Walbro pump but haven't installed it yet. Do you think I should before the dyno? This will be my first experience with a dyno and would like to go into it with some knowledge.

I was dead set on going the PIH route but after talking to a few more people I decided a custom chip for $375 would be a good choice without alot of work. With a new addition to our family expected this June I highly doubt I will be making any extreme changes to my combo. It makes sense to spend the extra dough to get the most out of my combo.

Any guesses on my RWHP numbers? I'm thinking it's good for 300rwhp.

• Sponsors (?)

Check as many sensors as you can. I ended up having to replace a couple things on the dyno. I have a stock cobra intake with similar mods and put down 265/299 to the wheels. With the ported cobra intake, 300 should be about right.

I'd definitely do the fuel pump now if you are still running the stocker in there. If you don't and install it later then your tune will be off, or you could find out you don't have enough fuel tomorrow on the dyno and wish you had done it. Like was said, most chip burners want the timing to be set at the factory 10 degrees. o2 sensords make no difference on the dyno as they are ignored under WOT.