e303 cam??

im thinkin about installing a e303 comp cam..i found the kit from summit for about $340 and my qeostion is what can i expect when doing this..what should i look out for and what other parts should i purchase along with the kit..any info will be greatly appreciated..thanx in advance

ps:any info that is givin to you by fast driver,,you can take it to the bank:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Sweet! You're my #1 fan! How much money did I agree to pay you, again?

You mind posting a link to that kit? I'm wondering what all comes with it, and I'm too lazy to look it up myself. I personally think the e303 cam sounds great, but is a waste of money unless you're getting an outstanding deal on it. There are better OTS cams to be had, even for a stock motor like yours. Also, guys like Ed Curtis, Buddy Rawls, Jay Allen, etc... will all do a custom cam for you for around $325 (what ed used to charge me). Further, I don't think you should bother with a cam until after you have built the rest of the combo. Once you get all of the induction, exhaust, and any forced induction route you plan to go all sorted out, then pick the right cam for that combo.

Other parts to consider with a cam: roller rockers, hardened pushrods, appropriate valve springs, new timing chain, degree wheel (if you don't already have one), fresh lifters if you have a lot of mileage on the old ones, and go ahead and do the intake at the same time since you'll have to pull it for that anyway (unless you have specialized tools).

When I did it, I replaced the H/C/I and headers all at once.

Chris

Summit Racing 08-0029 - Summit Racing® Camshaft and Lifter Kit Pro Packs - Overview - SummitRacing.com

LOL on the pay..

my plan was to do the intake,t-body,elec fan, and 3g alt all at once and then get the cam,rockers,lifters,etc and then do all that at once...im on a budget so ill have to get it piece by piece and then tear down the motor.. but for induction i was thinkin turbo charger..nothin crazy but i want a nice street car but still a daily driver in the warm months...is that a deal on the cam?? im not sure so ill prolly come to you for price info to if you dont mind..my buddy has a '88 gt so its kind of a competition between us..we raced the other night and he got me off the line but by second gear goin into third i was walkin away from him..he has the HO motor n i dont..

Ah... well if you click the "kit/combo contents tab on the page you linked you'll see you're actually getting a combination of other products that you can buy seperately. The cam itself is costing you $200, and this cam is honestly a dime a dozen. I'm sure you can pick it up for $50 if you search the classified ads for a while. That said, it's still the wrong idea to get this cam for your combo since you can do so much better performance-wise. Not to mention, you really need to wait until after you've swapped the heads in order to pick the right cam for the job. As for the rest of the components in the kit, the pricing is fair and you should get them to go along with whichever cam you choose.

yea ill keep that..thanx..its gonna be a little while before i do it any way..i might just wait till winter to do anything major considering i wont be able to drive it any way so that gives me some time to figure out wick route im gonna take..what setup do you have?

331 cubic inch Dart block, billit internals, AFR205 heads, TFS-R intake with Box upper, custom HR cam (228/224, 114LSA with .600 lift on both sides) Precision GT42 with a 76mm impeller.

I was originally going to go with the e303, everyone seemed to talk me out of it though. I ended up going with a Comp Cams Xtreem Energy cam. Choosing a cam can be harder than installing it.

yea im with ya on that one...im gonna wait till winter and pull the motor build it then put it in a notchback..that the body i have always wanted any way so im not gonna settle anymore im gonna get what i want:nice: