E303 or B303

GB2

May 5, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
I'm new to the board but I am starting a project on my 92 notch. I'm wanting to know what cam would go best with my set up:

GT40 intake (frpp not the explorer intake)
GT40 heads from 96 explorer (has angled plugs)
75mm professional products throttle body and EGR spacer
76mm C&L upper inlet tube
76mm C&L mass air flow meter
BBK shorty headers
X-pipe no cats with dumps before axle

Any info would be helpful.

• Sponsors (?)

If I had to choose between the two alphabet cams I'd go E303 however, I'd personally select something different, a Stage 1 TFS cam would be good off the shelf choice.

Is there a reason you want to stay with a Ford Racing part?

No reason. I actually have a buddy who wants to sell me a B cam for $100. But I don't really feel like that is the best deal on a cam with 50,000 miles on it. and to be honest I didn't even consider going outside of ford.

I have an E303 cam in my motor, I put it in there 6 years ago when I built my motor. I chose it over the B303 because it had more valve lift.

I like the cam but if I had to do it all over, I too would have went with the TFS stage 1 as Rick mentioned, It probably would have complimented the TFS Twisted Wedge Heads and Street Heat Intake I have on there.

Something with a bit more lift and duration on the exhaust side would be preferred. Ford's factory castings are notoriously asthmatic on the exhaust side, so something that favors that valve would liven it up a bit more.

I just read the specs on the TFS Stage 1 and it is almost indentical to the E303. But with all the info you all have given me I'm leaning hard towards the TFS. Oh and I should mention I still have to pass emmisions with my car every 2 years. Is the TFS stage 1 good for emissions??

I'm new to the board but I am starting a project on my 92 notch. I'm wanting to know what cam would go best with my set up:

GT40 intake (frpp not the explorer intake)
GT40 heads from 96 explorer (has angled plugs)
75mm professional products throttle body and EGR spacer
76mm C&L upper inlet tube
76mm C&L mass air flow meter
BBK shorty headers
X-pipe no cats with dumps before axle

Any info would be helpful.

I just read the specs on the TFS Stage 1 and it is almost indentical to the E303. But with all the info you all have given me I'm leaning hard towards the TFS. Oh and I should mention I still have to pass emmisions with my car every 2 years. Is the TFS stage 1 good for emissions??

:lol: soooo you think your gonna run no cats and prob no smog equipment either?? and your worried about the cam making you not pass??? I understand your in a different state then me but I know that N.J. looks under my car for cats if I take it to a state run inspection and even the guy down the road that inspects says he's suppose to check for em. considering it's a federal crime to remove them ( I'm not saying I'm a saint and have them either I'm just as guilty as prob 90% of this forum for not having them or my smog equipment) I'm just not worried about passing an emissions test every 2 years. if your worried about passing emissions check some of the aftermarket high flow catted H and X pipes they deff cost more but are safe insurance that your more likely to pass or just hang on to your factory catted H pipe and toss it in for a day or two when you need to go to inspection its only 8 bolts and can be changed easily in a driveway with a jack and jackstands. just my .02 :cheers:

:lol: soooo you think your gonna run no cats and prob no smog equipment either?? and your worried about the cam making you not pass??? I understand your in a different state then me but I know that N.J. looks under my car for cats if I take it to a state run inspection and even the guy down the road that inspects says he's suppose to check for em. considering it's a federal crime to remove them ( I'm not saying I'm a saint and have them either I'm just as guilty as prob 90% of this forum for not having them or my smog equipment) I'm just not worried about passing an emissions test every 2 years. if your worried about passing emissions check some of the aftermarket high flow catted H and X pipes they deff cost more but are safe insurance that your more likely to pass or just hang on to your factory catted H pipe and toss it in for a day or two when you need to go to inspection its only 8 bolts and can be changed easily in a driveway with a jack and jackstands. just my .02 :cheers:

Good point, without the cats and emissions equipment youll be hard pressed to pass emissions. The cams may look like the same cam by looking at the specs @ .050 but they are different cams.