Edelbrock Performer RPM II

flubyu

Jan 5, 2009
In addition to my last post, I'm also looking to upgrade the intake on my 1994 5.0 mustang. The edelbrock performer rpm II seems like a great choice but i wanted to know if anyone has one on their car and what type of gains they have made with it? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I have had one on my '95 for years now. Don't have any dyno numbers to back up the gains, but it was definitely a nice improvement for a more-or-less stock car at the time. The main reason that I picked it up is because it was supposed to be good for wet kit nitrous applications, which it definitely turned out to be!

Since I got it the engine has been extensively modified (331 stroker, AFR 185cc heads, BBK long tubes, the list goes on...) and this intake has kept up with it all. With my car in the state that it is in now, I was able to put down 352 whp/354wtq on a stock tune, due in no small part I'm sure to this intake being able to feed the beast.

Forgot to mention that if you get this intake manifold you'll have to take your stock strut tower brace off, as it will no longer fit around the intake manifold. Edelbrock makes a replacement that's much beefier and fits around the Performer RPM II or you could modify the stock one if you have the tools and skills.

edelbrock also says it may not fit under the stock hood. did you have problems with clearance?

Yes, I did just a little bit. I do have Energy Suspension polyurethane motor mounts which may be a slightly different size than stock, though. I removed the blanket from the underside of the hood (and just left it off after that) and had to notch 2 small places where it was rubbing with a Dremel tool. Nothing major, and definitely worth doing for as good as this intake is.