Electrical Problems

bentley429isBAC

10 Year Member
Jul 23, 2009
CT
Well, for a while I was having some problems with my 3g alt. Went through a few store brand ones and finally ordered a good one from a fella on YB. So I get it in and think I am all set now. Still have funny voltage problems happening, which I narrowed down to my wideband. Shut the wideband off, steady 14.3 volts idling instead of 13.5-14.6 up and down like mad. So I think that was the issue. Ordered up a new o2 sensor. Put it in, same crazy voltage as before also notice that the alternator was getting hot. 200 degrees, 20 degrees over what one will normally run at. So I unplug the D harness and start testing like I already did before and for the heck of it I tested the main power wire on the D plug to the case of the alt, it had continuity. Call up my buddy and had him do the same test, his did not. So clearly that cant be good. Start tracing it back and eventually get to fuse #8 in the fuse panel. Pull the fuse, short on the load side of the fuse. Believe that fuse does the radio, door dinger, fuel door release, courtesy lamps, dimmer switch and the power mirrors. I DO NOT have the switch for the power mirrors installed but is there any way I am reading continuity through the mirror motor with the switch not installed? Also, the fuse is not blown. This is as far as I got tonight on it. Anyone had a similar issue with that circuit? Just looking for a direction to go in first when I go to tackle it tomorrow after work. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

PM me your email address and I will send you a complete Ford Factory 89 Mustang electrical diagram set. The zip file is 2.5 MB and is too big to fit through Stangnet's email gateway.

89 Mustang wiring diagrams zip package–

They are in a zip file format to reduce the size of the package. You’ll need WinZip or other Windows archive tool to extract them from the zip file. See www.majorgeeks.com - Download Freeware and Shareware Computer Utilities for a free download.

You will need the Adobe Acrobat viewer which is also a free download – www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html - Adobe Reader download - All versions