Engine Oil From Air Filter Now Runs Horribly

• Sponsors (?)

20140603_072543.jpg

Dang, so this thing could run way better (ignoring my current issue) if I took this to the dyno tuner in Rockford, IL (modular powerhouse)? The car ran amazing before this issue I am currently having. So a clean MAF is definitely a big player.

I kind of feel like we're making you do a whole bunch of stuff that you don't need to.

I still think its most likely something simple. If it ran fine before (as is) and now you have a issue, I think something went bad. There aren't many things that would cause oil to go through the crankcase vacuum system. Per your statements before you didn't have a breather and never had oil come out the intake. By putting a breather on, without the EEC being tuned to compensate, its messing up your A/F ratio. Also the oil could have coated some sensors and reduced their efficacy.

If the PCV screen or line gets clogged it causes the vacuum to reverse and go through the breather line from the filler neck to the T/B. Which is a good chance of where the oil is originating from. IMHO

I would trouble shoot the current problem before getting it tuned, but yes you would see massive improvements in driveability and power with a tune. Mostly in driveability.

Kurt

Ok, so I am going to route every vacuum hose, wires, clean MAF/air filter again. I also have a new pcv, screen, and grommet coming. The new kit I bought was breath cheap and cruddy looking from OReillys. Should I get rid of the breather and go back to the tube from the filler to sc again.

Well I traced every line and nothing is cracked or unhooked. I started car (tough start) let it idle and unhooked the MAF after it warmed up. Idled far better than I did 2 wot hits. The car died and now won't restart. I hooked MAF back up and still won't start. Now with the key to the on position and hearing the fuel pump prime shouldn't my fuel psi gauge read something rather than zero or will it read zero since nothing is running?

Too many replies to look at and go back to see what has been covered. However, the ECU is from a 94-95 Cobra. The computer is programmed for 24# injectors and the stock MAF. Fuel pressure KOEO should be at least 40 psi with a range from 38-42 psi or thereabouts. How about giving us a refresh on just the engine mods so we all have a common understanding of where we are starting from.

Too many replies to look at and go back to see what has been covered. However, the ECU is from a 94-95 Cobra. The computer is programmed for 24# injectors and the stock MAF. Fuel pressure KOEO should be at least 40 psi with a range from 38-42 psi or thereabouts. How about giving us a refresh on just the engine mods so we all have a common understanding of where we are starting from.

Ok so stock ECU (no chip), Pro-M MAF, Vortech V1 Supercharger, 331 stroker, aeromotive fuel rail/external fuel pump/inline filter. Fuel Pressure reads 41PSI at idle, when WOT shows 20PSI, with key on engine off the fuel pressure reads 0PSI. I just went around the block and the car did not make it. Started chugging, like starving for fuel, I hit the accelerator and nothing. Started chugging and died the next street over. I'll let it sit for an hour and it will start right back up (brutal start at that) and limp it back home. I have some pictures I can post to give everyone a visual of my fuel system.

You said it was a external pump but I dont think you said what it was. My eliminator pump with key on it primes but then falls back to 0. It sounds to me like the pumps not flowing properly. Does it have a full 12v? Have you checked the filters?

You should not smell fuel from the vacuum line on the regulator, if you do the diaphragm is shot.

You said it was a external pump but I dont think you said what it was. My eliminator pump with key on it primes but then falls back to 0. It sounds to me like the pumps not flowing properly. Does it have a full 12v? Have you checked the filters?

You should not smell fuel from the vacuum line on the regulator, if you do the diaphragm is shot.

Ok, I must have misread the vacuum line. It didn't sound right but I'm in the dark when it comes to complex cars. I should just stick with racing MX. lol

The pump is Aeromotive 1000 fuel pump. I need a second person to see if it rises than falls to zero. I will check the voltage after work tomorrow...or maybe on my lunch break?

I made it half a block to my house after letting it sit for 45 minutes. That thing didn't even make it home. I coasted the last 200 feet. Sounds like a late model sprint car letting off the gas, but I had it pinned and went nowhere fast.