Ever Drive Like This?

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
My usual driving is shifting by about 2800 RPM or so, even less if im being lazy.

Of course I through in some WOT action and some quick hand/arm coordination but tonight... ahhh, tonight was quite the ear pleaser.

I was turning onto a road, I was in 3rd gear... I just started easing into the throttle but stopped right under 3/4 throttle and just let the motor keep winding out till about 4800 RPM

Did it again on the return trip with the window down next to a wall (great resonance, lol) and let it roll right around 3/4 throttle to about 5400 RPM, and shift.

It felt smooth as butter and like it was just as content spinning over 5k as it is spinning 2k... teh 4.6 is definatly smooth.

It really sounds alot different than going WOT and hammering through the gears. It was a great Nascar winding out around the track sound.

If only I had a 4v I could keep the fun going, lol.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah both you guys please, dont post anymore details before I get upset and go find a Cobra or Mach to test drive.

Then ill really be mad, hahaha.

My buddy has an offroad Prochamber and Borla Stingers on his Mach, and it is a terrifying sound... it just creeps down your spine and sets off you primal instincts of danger as it nears 7k... man... my car will never sound like that.

We have a bridge like that except its completely covered, sides and top, almost like a tunnel, and its about an 1/8 mile long. I love taking the mach through there at WOT :drool: :drool: :drool:

Damn id have to start at the entrance and go WOT the whole time, windows down, lol.

There are a bunch of overpasses around here and I always blast under them... especially when taking off from a light...:jaw:

Yup, I do it almost every day going to work. I get on the highway keep O/D off get in the fast lane next to the guard rail and let her scream at 4k+ for a mile or so. Nothing sounds better and if anyone is behind me when I do this they all back off no matter what lane they are in lol. Do this also when going thru tunnels.

most people like 1st and second gear. my favorite is the 3rd gear blast. the speed really gets up there, car sounds great, and it pulls hard in 3rd.

i do what your talking about every time i drive my car and i do it numerous times. :nice:

most people like 1st and second gear. my favorite is the 3rd gear blast. the speed really gets up there, car sounds great, and it pulls hard in 3rd.

i do what your talking about every time i drive my car and i do it numerous times. :nice:

My favorite gears are 2nd and 3rd.

2nd is the smokeshow/donut gear... hard pull from a slow roll.

3rd is the longer stretch of road with a nice pull too it. Great gear for blasting down some country backroads with twisites...