every day driver

ktaylOR2012

Nov 6, 2010
stl.Mo
ok so i have a 2002 mustang gt and i want more hp but im not to sure what to do to it. it is my every day driver but i want to know that i have the power to take on some cars that pull up to me and try to race. i have 02 gt automatic. what do yall think i should get

• Sponsors (?)

ok so i have a 2002 mustang gt and i want more hp but im not to sure what to do to it. it is my every day driver but i want to know that i have the power to take on some cars that pull up to me and try to race. i have 02 gt automatic. what do yall think i should get

With an auto you should look at 4.10's a free flowing exhaust and maybe a stall converter. The gears will change the car the most besides a power adder or cams/heads which can come close to the cost of an SC.

Gears+Tuner and Exhaust are the best things to do.

i have exhaust. whats is a good tuner

From your sig though, it says you have flowmaster's which is just the muffler and not the exhaust, correct me if I'm wrong though. If you do have exhaust then that is a good start, but the gears even over the tuner will help. Those 2 mods should go hand in hand though to correct your speedo when you put the gears in. SCT from American Muscle is the way to go with free tunes with bolt on cars.

I have the same year and tranny as you do. I had my 4.10's and my SCT 91 octane tune done on the same day........COMPLETELY different car, to say the least. It felt like I gained 100rwhp in a day. I easily break the tires loose from a stop without even coming close to hammering it, even with new sticky 275 rears. It pulls like a raped ape, especially after 3K rpm. The very first thing you need are gears and a good aggressive tune. You'll be amazed.

Mine is a daily driver, too. For me, I did not do gears and the tune because it is a daily driver. I did not want to take on buying super unleaded, lower gas mileage, and the sound of higher revs when on the highway. It just comes down to what you want for your particular car. You can see what I did in my signature, as these are all daily-driver friendly performance mods ... but they won't get you what 4.1's with an aggressive Diablo tune will, either. I know my car does not do in the 1/4 what most others' cars here in this forum will, but ... at the end of the day ... my car is still very fast.

How many miles do you normally drive your car in a week? Any highway miles?

I have 4.10's in my car, and I hate to have my car on the highway. I feel like I can see the gas gauge going down. That being said, it is by far the best first mod for these cars. My rear tires are getting low on tread, and I can get a pretty decent chirp from my tires shifting into third.

my 01 auto is a DD as well, and I've been tempted with 4.10's - what are you looking at RPM wise @70mph?? Most of my driving is local, but there is the occasional highway trip to the beach or the mountains planned.

I see about 2300-2500rpms @ 70. Like Maxpowers, I hate taking long highway trips :(

Get 4.10's and dont look back! I daily drive my 5 speed with 4.30's!!! so an auto with 4.10's would be like nothing! But i also never take the highways unless im going to the race track, but that being said if your rarely do highway trips then 4.10's are the way to go!