Everything is great in COBRA LAND! Engine pics!!!

69clark

Founding Member
Sep 25, 2002
Ravena, NY
Well finally got the engine together. I have to prep the engine bay then install the rear main seal, flywheel and clutch and it is ready to go in. Keep your fingers crossed. What do you guys think.

11518572935.jpg

11518544912.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Wow, that is CLEAN looking! What fuel rails are those?

Sort of off topic, but do you have any pics of what it looked like before? We never did get to see the engine bay, even in the magazine.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Lot of work and an even more empty wallet. I think I went over budget way back when I took it out of the car. lol

MM- One is an AFPR and one is the sending unit for the fuel pressure gauge in the car.

wicked95gt- I bought them off ebay from Speed City Motors ($129) and yes I did the decal on them.

KC- The fuel rails are the ones that came with the BBK SSI intake. Originally they were blue but I sanded them down to a brushed look. I have red accents under the hood and the blue just would fit the scheme. Here is the pic of the engine bay just before I started taking it apart. Not a great pic but you get the idea.

33800062228.jpg

33920350696.jpg

:SNSign: :SNSign: :SNSign:

Stock block. I couldn't afford a nice peice from dart or anything, so I just had all the machine work done, used h-beam rods, lightweight KB pistons, DSS Girdle, good Clevite bearings, and speedpro rings. I have been right on so far with my own tuning so as long as my tune is good and I don't beat the crap out of it all the time (which I don't) then hopefully I will be alright.