exhaust leak>???

• Sponsors (?)

I would have put a new gasket in there while you had the bolts out. If they were leaking long enough you probably burnt the gasket out. Get a new one. I have seen alot of people put high temp gasket on as well. Just a very light coat.

did you listen to the sound of my engine
is that something that the header gasket would cause
the more i listen it sounds like its coming from the front of the engine drivers side over the first cylinder on drivers side front of car
its driving me nuts
if i hold the engine to a little rpms i dont hear it now
im just dumfounded
and a little dumb

olymaster said:
did you listen to the sound of my engine
is that something that the header gasket would cause
the more i listen it sounds like its coming from the front of the engine drivers side over the first cylinder on drivers side front of car
its driving me nuts
if i hold the engine to a little rpms i dont hear it now
im just dumfounded
and a little dumb
yea i got to listlen to it that is something like what a gasket leak sounds like. best of luck man hope you can find hte leak asap

Another sure way to find it is to get a piece of hose (garden or heater works well) about 3 feet long. Put one end to your ear and go around all the places that the exhaust bolts together. You'll notice the leak when you find it.

bought a new mr gasket header gasket at advanced auto parts for 8 bucks and just finished installing
fixed the ugly piff piff piff ticking sound
the old gasket was the bbk that came with my headers and were burnt out on 2 cylinders
im so happy i did something on my own
thanks for all the help everybody

olymaster said:
bought a new mr gasket header gasket at advanced auto parts for 8 bucks and just finished installing
fixed the ugly piff piff piff ticking sound
the old gasket was the bbk that came with my headers and were burnt out on 2 cylinders
im so happy i did something on my own
thanks for all the help everybody
:nice: somethings seem harder than they really are :D good to know it fixed ur leak