Exhaust Line Problem!!

DMAN302

My mom says thanks for the pearl necklace.
Nov 8, 2003
windsor, Canada
Ok so with my MAC h-pipe in place the air return line is crimped off on the pipe..so i removed the tube from a 3 way valve that goes from the engine to the smog pump to the exhaust.My question is can I just leave the remaining hose from the 3way valve towards my air pump hanging there disconected? It just points straight down towards the ground in my engine bay. I assume it's a fresh air line to the exhaust or it would be better secured, but will it make excessive air flow noise or affect performance.??The remaining 2 lines are still connected to the engine and smog pump.

• Sponsors (?)

Actually I do need to swap out the hpipe when emission test come next year so I do have to keep the emission equip in place just want to know if I need to block off the hose that is now connected to nothing or just leave it?

DMAN302 said:
Actually I do need to swap out the hpipe when emission test come next year so I do have to keep the emission equip in place just want to know if I need to block off the hose that is now connected to nothing or just leave it?

I bought my car without an air pump on it and i passed emissions with flying colors. if your car is running strond then you shouldnt have a problem.

ok forced87 you got my attention.. no smog pump and passing sounds good but I gots no cats...allllthooughhhh I do have my stock h guess i could give it a try and reinstall if need be, by the way windsor eh...maybe i see you around town..not many of us left down here

Make a diagram of where all the lines went so you will remember how to hook it up. I would cable tie a piece of rag around it at least. I might block it off. If the pump sucks dirt for a while, it will sieze. I let mine breathe air for a while and it started making noise, then I ditched it.