Exhaust question

92MGT

Feb 26, 2004
ok, i have a 91 GT hatch and i just had my Flows installed, but its not the sound i was looking for.
the glass paks i had sounded better.

a friend of mine told me that if i wanted it a bit louder i could cut the exhaust off after the mufflers and weld some turn downs to the outlet on the mufflers.

would that really make it louder?

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, and the drone would probably get on your nerves REAL quick. Why not get an off-road H pipe (and keep your stocker come emissions time, if you have them)? That'll make it sound way better, IMO.

Leave the glass paks for the Camaro/Firebird crowd. :D

well, im use to the drone, i also have a lil rice burner in the garage as a show car.

right now, with no job and putting any money into my ricer, i can't really afford the O/R H-pipe.
i seen a couple that were around $100, but thats $100 i don't have right now.

I've got just what your talking about, pretty much, stock H-pipe to mufflers (raptors) to turn downs, i really don't mind it that much, i doubt it really makes it louder though?? I've allways had my setup like that and it hasn't driven me crazy. If you want louder then you'd probably want to change things out upstream first (headers, h-pipe) i'd guess too, so do what you want...

-Bart

Get an offroad Hpipe, you won't be disappointed. I had a 2.5" offroad Hpipe and American Thunder Flowmaster cat-back(2-chambered muff's). This setup sounded mean and you could here me comin from the other side of town. Too bad I sold that setup (kickin myself in the ass). And fyi I did have the catback hooked up to the stocker Hpipe and it sounded decent, but was no match with the o/r Hpipe. The midpipe makes a huge difference in sound, whether it be an X or H. www.mustangexhaust.com Have fun.

How many chambers with your flow masters? Get the 2 1/2 inch h-pipe,and 2 1/2 tail pipes! I have dumped bullets,,LOL,,there loud,they dont drown on the highway,but sometimes at low speeds they do! But there to loud for my daughter so Im getting a Bassini cat back put on next Tuesday.They do sound better then regular glasspacks because thier only 6 inches long!