farking gas prices!!!

Arkham

Dec 17, 2004
I just got my pony monday! Now I am going to have to mortgage the house just to buy gas to cruise in! I have not really been able to enjoy my car! Argh!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Arkham said:
I just got my pony monday! Now I am going to have to mortgage the house just to buy gas to cruise in! I have not really been able to enjoy my car! Argh!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
I feel your pain.
You can enjoy it, but you just gotta do what you can do to conserve fuel and get the most miles out of full tank of gas.

jt14894 said:
I feel your pain.
You can enjoy it, but you just gotta do what you can do to conserve fuel and get the most miles out of full tank of gas.

Yes.

-Don't tailgate... drive smoothly and keep a safe distance so you don't have to keep hitting the brakes when others ahead of you do. Course you can't stop morons from diving into that gap that you're leaving :mad:.

-Observe posted speed limits... the faster you go the harder your engine works and the more gas is burned. But don't forget to hit the dragstrip every now and again!!

-Use all your gears if you have a six speed (5 speed on 05s and 06s)?

-Avoid slapping a giant ricer tripple decker wing on your car :nono: that does nothing but reduce your overall CoD by several points :).

My 99 Covette Hardtop with light mods and 6 speed manual is getting >27 mpg in a 60/40 mix of highway to freeway driving.

But most importantly - enjoy the car now, cuz in 15-20s years, who knows how much will be left!!