FAST FIVE TONIGHT!

• Sponsors (?)

A couple of them are OK movies to have on in the background while you're not really paying attention. For a while, anyway.

I saw the first one in theaters and caught the rest on TV while I was kicking around the house doing something else. I've seen worse and I've seen better, I can take or leave 'em all. At least The Rock is in this one, maybe he'll make it enjoyable for a while.

No one likes these movies huh..
I'm all in ,I like car movies and have seen most , I have or owned most of the cars in FF movies . FF 1 I have the Supra AND RX7 Twin turbo and FF 4TH one Grand National ,so when these movies come out my car values go up:rlaugh:

supra7tt2010-1.gif

bts2.jpg

Just a heads up; you smoke crack and snort cocaine.

Ohh I'm sorry,...... Crack smoke must be unscented:rlaugh:.

It was a jab at Ford Racing 302, for claiming he wouldn't waste his money on the 5th after watching all 4 before it.

(read metaphor,....he must have an addiction that he is not willing to admit too.)

Thanks for the cocaine usage public service bulletin though:rolleyes:

Its just entertainment

I've read alot of your likes and dislikes about the fast and furious movies. I think you have to keep in mind that everyone watching the movie doesn't know about cars in fact most know very little. Thats why they can get away with two chargers towing a vault that weights twice their combined weight and alot of other impossible stuff. As a car guy I still enjoy and will go see any movie that has anything to do with cars. Its just entertainment.

In all honesty i have seen most of them, and for a typical Hollywood action movie they're not bad, i just can't stand how Hollywood doesn't seem to know a damn thing about how cars work, or about physics for that matter. These movies are almost like super hero movies more than car chase movies. Also i'm pretty much bored with the whole concept...now they're not even street racers anymore, they're "professional runners". The very first movie, where the metal thing blows off the floor board of the guy's car just because he's using sooo much NAWWWWS, that set the tone for the entire franchise. I still haven't seen Tokyo Drift, because i refuse to support something as retarded as a Nissan engine in a classic fastback Mustang...lol

seen it last night. I liked it not alot of car stuff but pretty good action entertainment. I watched a deal on hbo where they were talking about the vault and supposedly according to them that was a real vault being pulled through the roads not a cg vault. The director was talking about all the cars being tore up from it. If you have hbo they have been airing a 30 min clip where the director talks about some of the stunts and crap in the movie.

but after the movie I had a damn ricer behind me in the parking lot revving the hell out of his engine... Nothing against imports but I wish they would realize revving their engine does not intimidate us.

Nice Supra and Fox BTS.

I can't believe you guys do not like those movies, the fast and furious trend is the coolest thing going, import cars that sounds like bumble bee's doing insane stunts and getttin all the hot ladies, not to mention they run NAWS. :rlaugh:

I am off to the muffler shop right now, I am gonna have my bassani's tossed to the side and see if I can get some coffee can mufflers mounted out back on my coupe, I may even pull 4 plug wires and see if I can get the ole 5.0 to sounding like a Vtech

Saw it yesterday.
Had a pretty good entertainment value.
The story line was without a doubt the best of the series, almost like this was a completely new film with old characters, meaning the characters were the same but nothing other than that was similar to any of the older movies.
Wasn't as automotive based as the other films, and the cars that were in it, were almost all domestic.

Those of you that expect realistic car stunts in a fictional film should stay away from pretty every modern movie.

I'd recommend seeing it, just don't do it at peak movie hours.
I went at like 5 oclock, place was dead, but by the time i came out, it was chaos.

I heard some pretty good reviews. As far as wild stunts that are impossible its called suspension of disbelief. Thats why the General Lee jumps 100 feet through the air but never destroys the suspension.

I can remember being about 10 years old watching reruns, and every time they'd show that car either hit a jump or land, i would look at it and think to myself "that car's frame just twisted" or it would land and you could clearly see the nose bent up about two feet and i'd think "they just destroyed that car" but every time they'd cut back to that exact same seen where the Duke boys are inside and they're all bouncing around, then say something clever about "the General" and then continue the chase.