Favorite AND least Favorite mod you bought

My best mod, my custom built off road h-pipe. really big difference in sound and performance. it just pulls like mad. this favorite mod would probably be replaced with my bullet aode thats going to get built (edge 3000 stall, transgo valve body mods, Jerry mod to the rest of the tranny).

worst mod, i kind of liked everything i did. no really serious disapointment. just minor things. i think it would my APC clear corners because the rubber moulding on the outside was barely glued on and feel off easily but that was solved with some heavy duty glue and some black shoe polish.

• Sponsors (?)

My best mods
AFR 185s - 'nuff said
Tremec 3550 - this thing takes a beating like no other tranny I've ever had
Edel. intake - I wish I would have bought it new though
Tri-ax shifter
3.73s
Nitto DRs(when I had them)
x-pipe - love tht sound

Worst mods
used Mac 1 3/4" LT headers - a B I T C H to put in
Fluidyne radiator - it cracked up for no apparent reason...with my stock motor

mystang94gt said:
So far....

Best: 3.73's

Worst: has to be my BBK H-pipe, only because I bought it used and had to have a muffler shop hack it up and make it fit. :bang:

This is why I don't know what h-pipe to get. On my last 5.0, they had to hack up my h-pipe. For every person who says one brand fits perfect, there are 2 people who say it fit like chit. True, everyone has different catback setups and headers which effect this, but still. Everytime I get set on one, I hear something bad about it and question getting it. I'm gonna just get one and hope it fits w/out having to cut and weld anything. I HATE frankenstein exaust systems!
Anyways, BEST MOD: BBK Springs. Handling and cornering were drastically improved.
WORST MOD: H-Pipe. Loved the sound, hated headache. Hope to have better luck this time around. My friend and I put his Flowtech X-pipe on easily in under 2 hours, yet my BBK never fit right. :bang:

ARed1995GT said:
best - 3.73 gears

least - performer rpm intake (seems like the car has been acting up really badly since then, and all of a sudden i caught the 'blow by' disease and i seem to be losing all my races lol)

Did you remember to install the oil baffle that goes under the lower intake? Its a piece of metel and it doesnt come preinstalled. If its not hooked up you have a good chance of sucking in oil through the pcv.

Scott_95GT said:
This is why I don't know what h-pipe to get. On my last 5.0, they had to hack up my h-pipe. For every person who says one brand fits perfect, there are 2 people who say it fit like chit. True, everyone has different catback setups and headers which effect this, but still. Everytime I get set on one, I hear something bad about it and question getting it. I'm gonna just get one and hope it fits w/out having to cut and weld anything. I HATE frankenstein exaust systems!
Anyways, BEST MOD: BBK Springs. Handling and cornering were drastically improved.
WORST MOD: H-Pipe. Loved the sound, hated headache. Hope to have better luck this time around. My friend and I put his Flowtech X-pipe on easily in under 2 hours, yet my BBK never fit right. :bang:
I haven't heard of anyone having fitment problems with the Mac pro-chamber and it makes more hp than any h/x. Just a thought.

Favorite: It's a Mystery!

Least: Still a Mystery!

94 GT Vibrant Red
BBK CAI, Mac underdrive pullies, BBK high flow H-pipe w/ cats, Mac cat back, 3.73 rear gears, Tmoss ported stock lower, Pro M 80mm MAF, Kirban AFPR, MSD blaster coil, MSD cap & rotor, FMS 9mm plug wires, KYB GR-2 shocks & struts, FMS C springs, 17" bullit wheels wrapped in Nitto 555 extremes

2001 Honda 600 F4i
Jardine Carbon Fiber exhaust,Thrust company stage 1 sprocket set
106rwhp, Best 1/4 time 11.8 @117

Best: Tremec T56
Worst: Stupid sounding BBK O/R h-pipe looking for used bbk shorty o/r x. I'm with WILLYS1, on all three of my mustangs i tried out quite a few different set-ups Basanni is hands down the best IMO and the BBK h is junk. Hell i even ran straight pipes for a minute..................

Best 347 stroker :hail2:
4:10 gears
Performance automatic tranny and stall. It will jerk the car sideways in second if I am not careful.

Worst: Pro-M meter. My car ran like crap switched to a C&L and the car has ran fine ever since.

cobra dave said:
Best: Tremec T56
Worst: Stupid sounding BBK O/R h-pipe looking for used bbk shorty o/r x. I'm with WILLYS1, on all three of my mustangs i tried out quite a few different set-ups Basanni is hands down the best IMO and the BBK h is junk. Hell i even ran straight pipes for a minute..................

I never heard of a H-pipe sounding funny.....arent they all the same design?

my fav being a vert is the subframe connectors!!! For 70$$ by far the best improvement on my car!!

the worst,,,,, the aftercooler for my vortech, pain in the ass to work around and not very upgradable once you start building big HP...

and I HATE ford motorsports underdrive pullies, they look like crap in less than a year, and make you charging system run like crap on a daily driver...

just my opinion

Even though I only had my car since august...

My favorite would be my steeda triax and my mac prochamber off-road pipe. I don't know how I could live without either. And for $200 for the prochamber the power and sound it makes are amazing.

My least favorite would be my shiftlight I put in, the kind that takes pills. I bought it off my friend's dad for $20. Ever since I installed it I've had problems with the airbag light coming on and it was a big PITA.

Best: Without a doubt has been the blower. It made the car just a blast to drive!!! Friggin love it!!

Worst: Probably the aluminum d/s. It is a nice piece but I didn't notice a difference between it and the stock one, besides being lighter. Id still buy it again though :D