Fed Ex was here today!

• Sponsors (?)

Alright be sure to pick up a set of GT500 front strut insulators while you're at it (unless you're going with camber plates of course) to eliminate any issues with the OEM GT units blowing out on you because of lowering.

That's excellent advice when lowering a car like this Thanks. I already installed a set of Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates 2 years ago, a year after I initially lowered my car an inch and a half with a set of Roush Springs.

Then I took the spring assemblys apart during the installation the upper mounts just fell apart bearings when every where. I also noticed som inside ware on front tires with about 6K easy miles.

I highly recommend the investment in some way to compensate the difference. I also added upper and lower adjustable control arms and adjustable panhard at the same time.

My biggest complaint is the really harsh ride. I want to keep the low stance but improve road quality. If I find I am racing or otherwise need to upgrade to D-Spec I 'll keep the Tokico Springs if they help with the ride.

hmm.. Tokico advanced handling kit. I had not heard of it till now, and I thought I had come across all the options. Very curious to hear your impressions. Also, just curious, when you changed to the Roush springs, did you change the shocks as well?

hmm.. Tokico advanced handling kit. I had not heard of it till now, and I thought I had come across all the options. Very curious to hear your impressions. Also, just curious, when you changed to the Roush springs, did you change the shocks as well?

No, it still has the factory shocks which I am sure is part of the problem. The package is Takico HPK-400.

No, it still has the factory shocks which I am sure is part of the problem. The package is Takico HPK-400.

yup, I think you'll like those dampers. I have the steeda dampers with steeda springs and you can really tell when the two are engineered together. My car can take bumps MUCH better than before, and I can hear the dampers doing there thing. phishhhh phishhh. as I hit the speed bump. The Tokico set is probably very similar, as the Steeda Dampers, i think, are made by Tokico for Steeda.

I did the install this afternoon and when i pulled the old springs I found that they were Saleen and not Roush as I thought.

The car rides much better now and still maintains the stiffness to make it handle well. The stance of the car is about the same as before, but much smoother on the road. It was well worth the investment.

Stealing Casey's thunder a bit:nono::D

Very nice choice. Your car looks like a beast with those on. Night and day difference.
Before:
3762866950_8368ce4b0a_b.jpg

After:
3860951784_07b4333996_b.jpg

The only kit that I Know worked on those is the SSBC Tri-Power because the calipers are the flattest out there of the BBK's and that's for the 13in kit not the 14in. I got the Stoptech kit and those are some huge calipers no way they would have worked with the FR500's.

That's cool but I bet it's expensive as heck though. I got my Stoptechs for 900bucks so that's why the Rims had to go It just wasn't in the budget.

That said 6 months later the brakes are still sitting in my living room as I have no suitable wheel because they aren't in my budget just yet. Another shining example of putting the cart before the horse for a good deal.

They are takeoffs from a buddy's car, so I'm getting a great deal on them:nice: Also there is nothing wrong with putting the cart first...sometimes...it could mean looking for the horse that much quicker:D The new Shelby Alcoa wheel should fit those brakes just fine, but $$$$$$:eek: