Finally!! 10sec street car.

jasonn

Founding Member
Sep 26, 2002
By Rochester MN
I now have an official 10 sec street car. Went back to Cedar falls IA. First pass off the trailer and it went 10.89@122!! Finally! I knew it would do it. Got in an open comp race for $20 and made it to the semis and won $30. Pulls the wheels real hard. Man is that fun! Then later on, after playing with the launch rpm, it went 10.83@123! I'll try and post a pic that the wife took and the timeslip. 10-1 408 with small hyd roller cam. 3350 lbs, full interior, cd player, everything. Drive it all over the place!

Attachments

• 10.83 timeslip.pdf
    18.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Mustang 3 (Small1).jpg
    Mustang 3 (Small1).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 205
  • Sponsors (?)

Yep, I trailer my car to the track. It is a 2 1/2 hour drive down to the track. If I was to break down, it would be a LONG walk back home. If I knew it wouldn't break, I would drive it down! It is tubbed with a 4 link. Mufflers, dot hoosier quick time pros. Like I said, full interior with cd player. I can run it on 89 octane fuel. Drives and rides great! I put about 3000 miles on it this year. Even drove it to the Car Craft Nationals which is about 100 miles one way.

Just wondering how many of you actually put 3000 miles on THEIR car in a summer?? :rolleyes: Yep, that is the only place this thing gets trailered is the racetrack. When you go that far and are doing nothing but making hard launches, and doing wide open passes all day, there is a good chance that something will break. Even when my mach, which is more of my driver, was running 13's, I would trailer it to the track. My opinion is, if you go to a track that far away, (don't care HOW fast of a car), and don't have a trailer, - you are an idiot! Have fun walking! :nice:

OK, I am an idiot. I have been offered by 3 different people to borrow their trailer anytime I want, but my opinion is that it is different if the car is trailered. I am not saying you, but some street cars run big rear end gears and loud exhaust and driving them any distance is unreasonable.

OK, I am an idiot. I have been offered by 3 different people to borrow their trailer anytime I want, but my opinion is that it is different if the car is trailered. I am not saying you, but some street cars run big rear end gears and loud exhaust and driving them any distance is unreasonable.

Sorry about the idiot remark. Didn't mean you. I just don't like the idea of taking a car to the track that far away without a trailer. My mach when it was running low 13's, had a water pump go out. Had lots of my friends have small stuff (and big things) go wrong also, but they had the trailer and made it home. I can't imagine having to leave the car sit by itself somewhere while I go and try to round up a trailer and drive ANOTHER 5 hours to get it and come back. It can be something that small and stupid that happens. Thank God I had the trailer. When you are beating on them that hard all day, it can take it's toll. Especially when you start getting in the 11's, much less 10's. Driving it is one thing, racing it all day is another. Yea, I know what you mean about the loud exhaust and gears. Although mine at 55 miles an hour with 4.56 gears, goes down the road at 2800 rpms so it is not bad at all. It helps alot to have the great big 32" tall tire. Some people might think it is a bit on the extreme side. Maybe. But I love the pro street look and I love going fast, but being able to drive whenever I want. I actually also love the exhaust. To me, sometimes, I don't even listen to the cd player. The music to my ears IS the loud exhaust and the thrill of just driving it! To each his own i guess. Hey if everybody was the same, we'd all probably be driving chebys.:nonono:

How well do you like the Cedar Falls setup? I live only a few minutes away from there (Waterloo) and the only time I have made it out there since i put my new engine in they shut it down because of lightning this spring.

I dont know how well you know cedar falls but alot of people that run at the track head over to University Ave after the races, you can catch quite a few street races light to light but you can just as easily catch a cop on your ass!

Congrats on the great times.
All of my cars are driven on the street.
I have to admit that I have trailered a car to the track and drove a car to the track.
It is a lot more comforting to know that the trailer is available should the need arise.:nice:
Scott

How well do you like the Cedar Falls setup? I live only a few minutes away from there (Waterloo) and the only time I have made it out there since i put my new engine in they shut it down because of lightning this spring.

I dont know how well you know cedar falls but alot of people that run at the track head over to University Ave after the races, you can catch quite a few street races light to light but you can just as easily catch a cop on your ass!

I like cedar. They usually have a better prepped track than rock falls WI. They are very relaxed also. Only bad thing is the LONG drive for me. I wish I would have known about the street racing a couple of years ago. Me and some friends went down on Fri night and camped till Sat right at the track. At night we went down to some of the bars downtown. That was a blast! :nice:

That's a strong 408, seen it run a few times.

Missed you at jerry's party. What are you doing with your orange car?

I'm hoping to get Laura's car to the track next summer. I was driving it this past summer and basically found out it's under carbed and it needs more stall. I'm hoping to run 12s out of the box but the numbers say it's an 11-sec. car all day long.