Finally got H/C/I running

mustangramair

Feb 24, 2004
Iowa
Some of you helped me out alot a couple of weeks ago after my car wasn't running. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice :nice: One of my problems was that Trick Flow said i couldn't run Proform roller rockers, they didn't promote proper valvetrain geometry. The last thing that was wrong was stupid, there is a vacuum port on the under side of the explorer intake that sat on top of my taller valve covers so the upper intake never sealed, there was a gap between the upper and the lower. Thanks again to everyone. Nick

• Sponsors (?)

On the vaccum port sitting on your valve cover (mine is on the driver side back part of the upper intake)...I just screwed it in further to give me the clearance. Since I didn't check before I ended up getting a nasty vacuum leak along with breaking off an ear off my upper intake:bang:

5spd GT said:
On the vaccum port sitting on your valve cover (mine is on the driver side back part of the upper intake)...I just screwed it in further to give me the clearance. Since I didn't check before I ended up getting a nasty vacuum leak along with breaking off an ear off my upper intake:bang:
Thanks alot 5spd GT, you were alot of help. Yeah, we screwed it up in there farther. I'm just glad it wasn't a bent valve or something really serious. I didn't really get on the car hard, but i accelerated quickly a couple of times and i am really happy with the performance!!! i can't wait to really open her up.

One more question for you 5spd. The coolant lines that run through the egr spacer, the one on the back side of the egr, did it go to the stock lower intake? I don't seem to have anywhere to run that line anymore.

mustangramair said:
One more question for you 5spd. The coolant lines that run through the egr spacer, the one on the back side of the egr, did it go to the stock lower intake? I don't seem to have anywhere to run that line anymore.

Well man I can't help you with this one because the previous owner of my car (friend) bypassed the EGR spacer coolant lines and I just have them plugged right now...sorry :(

5spd GT said:
Well man I can't help you with this one because the previous owner of my car (friend) bypassed the EGR spacer coolant lines and I just have them plugged right now...sorry :(
No problem, you have answered alot of my questions :D I think i might have it figured out.