First thoughts on completed Strange coilover setup

blykins

Founding Member
Aug 27, 2002
Louisville, KY
Well, I completed my coilover install this evening. It consisted of Strange adjustable struts, Strange coilover kits, and QA1 12-250 springs. Assembly was pretty easy and straightforward. The car is not a daily driver, but just a weekend toy. However, I'm not driving the car much at all until I can snag a set of aftermarket caster/camber plates.

I did take it for a brief drive down the road since I replaced the a-arms, front sway bar end links, and put in new wheel bearings/seals.

I'm getting a loud banging sound on each side at the top of the strut tower. It happens when I hit bumps in the road. I pulled it back in the garage and made sure all the strut bolts were tight. Everything including the top strut nuts were installed with an impact wrench and double checked by hand. It's all tight.

I talked to Strange before I installed everything and they said that although it's not wise, I could install with factory C/C plates, but it would be noisy.

Like I said before, I don't plan on driving it until I get approval from the house-boss and can buy some aftermarket C/C plates, but do you think this is the noise that Strange was referring to?

• Sponsors (?)