Fix for the non retracting seatbelts.

UDTBadkarma said:
If there is "TSB" out for it, doesn't it mean its free? Even if you dont have a warranty?

Nope. A "TSB" is nothing more than a helpful service tip. A "TSB" is not a recall, and is not mandatory. In this case, it just tells the mechanic that if the customer complaint is about slowly retracting front belts, you can fix it by adding this sleeve to the guide.

The repair is only covered, if you still have a warranty.

• Sponsors (?)

closer9 said:
Not sure if this will help some of you that might not fall into the TSB work, but one of the first things I did when I got my Stang was unbolted the seatbelts from the floor and flipped them around. They come twisted, and it was really annoying. It seemed to help with retracting. I also removed the annoying loops from the seats. That helped retracting also...

:lol: Mine are installed wrong too. Ford must have had the same geek installing the seatbelts for years. I hope he got a job working for an import car company.

Mustang5L5 said:
That's Fords fix???? A peice of Teflon Tape???

Ford should be embarassed! What would happen if this was a Lexus and their response was a peice of tape!!

:lol: That's what I thought when I see the pic too!

If this fix actually works, then I just might be taking the stang to ford for some scotch tape too.

mrvax said:
:lol: Mine are installed wrong too. Ford must have had the same geek installing the seatbelts for years. I hope he got a job working for an import car company.

:lol: x's 2! I noticed the flipped seatbeat when I got the Gt, and the same problem plagues the Mach. There are many subtle interior changes when going from an 00' to an 03', but the seatbelt stayed the same. :p Gearbanger's avatar comes to mind. :cheers:

Just before the dreaded 36, I took mine back in for 1,2,3 shift crunch and mentioned that the drivers side retracter would not pull back and that I was sick and tired of coaxing it back in the retracter... While I wouldn't have a problem doing that with my girl, I sure was sick of it with the car.

They fixed it!

From the looks of things, there should have been a recall on the retracter.

2003 Geee T said:
Here is the part number I have off of the invoice.

FMC YR3Z 63611D70AA

This is what it looks like. Notice the white plasic wrap around piece.
ring.jpg

This is what I thought they replaced at first when they said seatbelt ring.
loop.jpg

It still works like a dream too!

I know this thread is old as dirt but I have this same problem.

Called Ford and the bastards want $60 for ONE plastic clip! WHAT A JOKE!

Has anyone jerry rigged it to work?

I stumbled across this thread when doing a search, because mine were starting to really bother me as well. Sorry for resurrecting it, but in answer to the98stang's question, I think I was successful in jerry-rigging something. I just wrapped the seat loop and bracket loop thingy with pipe-wrap teflon tape. It's held up so far, but I don't know what it'll be like long term. For now, though, it's smooth, and the cost was bearable lol.