Fix your Slow dropping/hanging RPMs

• Sponsors (?)

But wouldnt this reduce milage, as your car will slow down more quickly when off the gas, causing you to have to get back in it sooner? I kinda like the ease of keeping a steady pace, but sometimes I wish the RPMs would drop down faster, when i rev my car, the engine sounds like it has 8.1-1 CR pistons and about 200K on it.On the way down from revving ofcourse. Still not sure if I want this as it will cause me to have to keep slight pressure on the gas between shifts to match my RPMs or the next gear....stock it basically does that for you.

Anyone know the size of the said "small hole" you drill into the copper cap? I am interested in doing this to my 5.0L. I have noticed how much it hangs when cruising and then letting off the gas, and how long it takes to reach idle after a rev.

Thanks in advance! :)

02LaserRed2V said:
Good question, but I take it this is a manual only thing?

Thats what I'm wondering. I'm no expert on auto trannies, but arent we better keeping the revs up on shifts to spin the torque convertor up before engaging the next gear. Anyone 4R70W-knowledgeable got the answer?

I think the only time you will here the burping noise is when you decelerate from a high speed. Automatic transmissions downshift at the lowest speed possible to avoid that "braking" feeling. But hey, if you wanna try it, let us know!

P.S.
Why do you need a drawing? Go take your IAC valve gasket off and there is your drawing. If you gonna be doing this mod you have to take it off anyway, so go at it!! Don't be a wimp!! DO IT!!!

I want that braking feeling in an automatic. it is really annoying to have to be on the brakes all of the time because the car doesn't slow down when you take your foot off the gas. I am going to try it and let you guys know what happens. Is the IAC valve external on a 98 4.6 or is it internal like the mach1?

Its macH <---with an h. lol. It should be external. I just took a look under the hood 5 mins, ago, its right there, to the right of 3 re vaccuum lines. Anyway, the only way you are going to get that braking feel is if you manually put the car in 3rd, 2nd...

just got my plate from Ruben and put it on. Installation is simple, but i messed up and broke one of the screws. I tightened it too hard. it just snapped so easily.

Anyways, i haven't noticed a huge difference, but I must say the RPMs drop better than before.

Especially when my Air condition is on, the RPMs would just hang up there, but now it seems much better. Not as much as I was expecting, but it's still better.