Fix your Slow dropping/hanging RPMs

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by magnum347, May 1, 2005.

1. I just did this procedure on my '98 GT. It's an automatic and it didn't affect the shifting at all. I used the copper plug method and went with a hole a little larger that 9/32. I notice a definite improvement but I think I will try a little smaller hole at some point. The car is so much nicer to drive it's unbelievable. The car slows down just enough when you take your foot off the gas. I am not on the brakes nearly as much. Thanks to the guy who figured this out.
  2. Wow... this thread took off in the past couple days.

MustangEd.... I can send you another that'll make the difference even greater if you want it. I'm all for customer satisfaction bro... Check the hole with a drill bit to make sure it's 9/32"... if bigger... I'll send you a new one. Sorry about the broken bolt.

As for automatic xsmn mustangs... I dunno, but your welcome to try it.

Gotta go back finish installing/wiring my NX wet kit.

$7.50 shipped even to our Canadian brothers....
  3. Made a new batch of these and can't beat it for $7.50 shipped.
  4. Do these work with aftermarket plenums? I have an accufab and I was looking at the attached pic and it seems there is only one hole in the IAC...correct me if I'm wrong.

View attachment 513793
  5. Yes, just like my Bullitt has only one hole for the IAC.

Yes it will work fine. :flag:

6. Cool! Thanks!!!
  7. i cant wait to get mine, to bad my car just broke. im curious about how you made mine for the bullitt, i keep seeing something about different sized holes, i know you had a bullitt so i assumed you knew what i was looking for, can you tell me how you set it up in terms of small/large or quickest to slowest dropping rpm's?
  8. Heck, I just gave him 10 bucks ! If it does anything like those running it said, it's worth every penny !!! Can't wait to get it :banana:
  9. if you dont wanna wait for it to be shipped and pay the $7.50...i just used a soda can...just use the gasket as a template, took me about 10 mins and works great!

10. :doh:
  11. Does the small hole go on the left or right? I'm hearing both and I'm not feeling a difference with either
  12. i use smaller holes go over IAC holes.
  13. sent my 7.50... I have enough projects to work on without taking time to make one of these bastards.
  14. soda can is exactly what i was thinking when i first seen this.
    ima doin it to mine too. its a auto. ill let ya'll know.
  15. any one here using this plate have a custom dyno tune done? I'm wondering if this will affect any type of air/fuel settings done to my chip (LaRocca's tuned). I'd really like to do this mod, I've hated the RPM hang up for years. Also: I used to have an auto, now a TKO with a spec aluminum flywheel and it still does the hang up, if not worse than before. friend had a 97 cobra, didn't hang up at all? Problem with 98 and up? Or just a GT problem? Thanks
  16. lil help?
  17. I do have a custom superchips tune for my car...I installed the plate about a couple of weeks ago and the only thing I have noticed, that my car never did before, is when I start the car cold and turn the air on, it stalls until I get the car going...not sure if that is related to the plate or not but I think it I don't really notice a huge difference from the plate IMO.
  18. I have a custom Diablo Predator tune and have noticed a momentary drop in idle to around 400-500 rpm when stopping, especially when the A/C is on, since downloading the tune. I am going to take the IAC plate I have installed out this weekend and see if it makes any difference. Will report back here what happens.
  19. Made one out of gaskit material and worked great.And i made one for my buddys auto he liked it alot.Its not as noticable for the auto but its their.