Flowmaster 1-chambers or Dynomax Bullet?

Blue347stang said:
Well if you decide to go with 1 chamber flowmasters, I have some for sale that are 3" inlet/outlet center to center with 3" inch turndowns. They are some loud mufflers. I'm asking $100 for both plus shipping. I've been trying to find a website to host my video clips.

And the SHAMELESS BASTERD AWARD go's too.............

:D

• Sponsors (?)

mike keirstead said:
Just jugding from your sig. You will not need 3 inch exhaust. 2.5 is plenty unless you are running boost or big cubes. Stick with the 2.5 inch.

Well I do plan on running a 393 or 408 at least in the car once I graduate college in a couple of years, so I wanna get the car as ready as possible until then. :shrug:

cool thanks mike....i guess i just never really heard the difference since ive only had 2 chambers....i always thought it sounded like just exhaust...its just liek a hummmmmm noise....so they do make noise while cruising??? thats what i need.

mike keirstead said:
Drone is a different sound. It's not the exhaust itself...it is the noise the MUFFLER makes when exhaust is passing through it. That's why when I say the BULLETS have a clean sound to them, all you hear is exhaust not the muffler making a crappy noise. I can't hear my self think at cruise on the highway...it's from the exhaust coming out the muffler not the muffler making noise. I think it is caused by the exhaust churning around INSIDE the muffler before exit. The BULLETS are straight through so there is no stopping or turning.

Usually only chambered muffler make the noise. It seems that flowmaster do it the most.

I hope this explains it.
YADA,YADA,YADA,,,I HATE IT WHEN YOUR RITE :bang:

Black331Stang said:
cool thanks mike....i guess i just never really heard the difference since ive only had 2 chambers....i always thought it sounded like just exhaust...its just liek a hummmmmm noise....so they do make noise while cruising??? thats what i need.

Oh yea...but it's not a drone. They are loud at cruise. Just exhaust out the muffler..not the muffler itself.

Not too many defenders of the 1 chamber Flows I see. I have them on mine and wouldn't go with anything else. They have a real deep throaty rumble to them, and at WOT, I can't even explain it. It's just amazing how they sound. I can't tell you how many times I will just be going down Main Street and randomly get somebody to pull up by me, and holler at the top of their lungs to say my car sounds sweet as hell. Most of the time though I have to make them repeat themselves; you simply can't hear them. And on the highway with the windows down, forget it. You can't talk to the passenger without yelling yourself; and you two are in the SAME CAR! So if you ask me, I LOVE the one chambers. I really wish I could get a sound clip. And as for the drone; maybe it's just me, but I love it.