Fluidyne Radiator/Black Magic electric fan HELP

MustangOwner

Banned
Dec 13, 2006
Well its time to replace the radiator as its got a nice looking puddle under my car. What i want to do it go with a fluidyne radiator and the Flex-a-lite Black Magic electric fan. Anybody got this combo? Or any experience with the fan or radiator? My plans for this fall or maybe summer will be a kennebell supercharger. Anybody know what that Black Magic fan is good up to for HP. I want to hit the 425 range after heads and so on. Pretty easy installation. Happy with the product? I know people like the Mark fan, but thats not an option. And i will also be doing a 6G alt upgrade. So that will not be a problem. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I've heard plenty bad things about the Black Magic. Heard a bunch of good ones too, but the negatives FAR outweighed the usual negatives you see for products. That could be due to sheer volume or it could be because they are very hit or miss.

Anyway, do to that fact, I flat out didn't even consider them. Can't take chances w/my car and I don't like doing work twice :notnice: I ended up with a thin 94-95 fan which works very well and leaves room for my blower pulleys.

Well the thing with the Flex-a-lite black magic fan is that its a complete kit. Its got everything you need. Do you know what the problem with it was? When i put the aluminum heads on i def don't want to warp them with some stupid electric fan if thats the case

It varied, stuff from the switches sucked to the fitment was bad, to it didn't cool enough or crapped out on the people. Check out Stangnet's reviews section, I know there used to be a lot for it in there.

All I needed to wire up my SN95 fan was...some wire. I put it to a hot lead and it runs whenever the car is running. No switch to forget about and leave off, no extra wire connections to worry about, etc. It's the only way I'd put an electric fan in my car, personally. Granted you could do the same with a Black Magic fan but that defeats the purpose of the whole kit being a kit :shrug:

I am not pleased with my Flex-a-lite Black Magic Extreme fan kit. The fan itself is fine, and cools the car. WHEN IT WORKS!

I've had three controllers fail on me in less than 300 miles. All voltages check properly with a digital mulitmeter, everything is carefully wired, terminated, and heat shrink-ed.

Now I'm waiting for the DC Controls controller. I'm going to retain the Black Magic fan for now, and see how it goes.

My radiator is similar to the fluidyne, but was made at a local shop. My car is a built motor, h/c/i/s-trim setup, with hp in the 430s. It should stay pretty cool, once I get it back on the road.

I've heard plenty bad things about the Black Magic. Heard a bunch of good ones too, but the negatives FAR outweighed the usual negatives you see for products. That could be due to sheer volume or it could be because they are very hit or miss.

Anyway, do to that fact, I flat out didn't even consider them. Can't take chances w/my car and I don't like doing work twice :notnice: I ended up with a thin 94-95 fan which works very well and leaves room for my blower pulleys.

So you used an e-fan from a 94-95 ? Does it make a diff if its an v6 or a v8 the reason i ask is cause i need one bad and theres a few cars at my buddy's Auto Wrecker yard that are awaiting to get crushed and he lets me take what i want before they crush them..

Thank, Benny

Yeah, i really like the Black Magic 185 electric fan, it looks like a good setup. Whats up with the controller? Anybody know where the best deal is to get it? Thanks

Bought mine through Summit.

Not sure what's up with the controller(s). Maybe it's just bad luck, but I also know I'm definitely not the only one to experience this failure. I've been in the electronics (including 12v) for over ten years, so I do have confidence the install is correct. If the DC Control box doesn't fix it, then I'm :bang:

So you used an e-fan from a 94-95 ? Does it make a diff if its an v6 or a v8 the reason i ask is cause i need one bad and theres a few cars at my buddy's Auto Wrecker yard that are awaiting to get crushed and he lets me take what i want before they crush them..

Thank, Benny

No, they're the same. If you're putting it on a blower car then it's got to be from a 94-95 because of its thin profile. The 96+ is about twice as thick and will hit the blower belts.

No, they're the same. If you're putting it on a blower car then it's got to be from a 94-95 because of its thin profile. The 96+ is about twice as thick and will hit the blower belts.

Nah its not a blower car but i just need one that will cool it down ....We get some hot a$$ summers down here where i live and i can't have it getting hot on me...
I tried looking for a MARK 8 fan but i had no luck so if i can use the 94-95 fan i will