FORD falls apart after 50k???

• Sponsors (?)

Vague answers

Allright then I'll just go to the Ford dealer...shouldn't have mentioned the H word on this forum. Still I'm convinced that there is either a bad manifold gasket, which seals itself on a warmed up engine or my oil pump is bad (not pulling enough of it into the lifters on startup) Why is this a problem??? Because everytime I start my ride the "hissing" sound is grating...AND why would I want some H owner to hear it and say yo whaz up w/yo ride dog??? ...take it to the special olympics and all that junk!!

As far as the reliability of Ford engines...yes I know many peeps w/Fords who are happy (mostly pickups) but I have one friend who took his ratty old 9? Tempo from Ok City to Southern Mexico and back again with only having to change a few hoses! Fine!

BTW some of you sound like grouchy old hillbillies!! Don't kill this forum or discourage new Stang drivers due to your possibly nationalist viewpoints...rock your ride with pride be it H or Pony...I'm proud to roll an American car and am willing to put my hard-earned ducketts into beefing it up..blah blah blah

I'm not a hillbilly, I live in a city, we have electricity and everything! (What'll these damn kids think of next?) The reason we were all snapping and snarling like that is because the myth of honda being better than everyone is just that, a myth, and we get F'n tired of hearing it. Why does that matter, you ask? Because that myth is killing American car companies, Ford included, and if Ford goes under, there will be no more Mustangs for anyone.
Ford is not 100% innocent, they made some classic blunders, and they were arrogant and uncaring for years. But now, today, their products are just as good as anyone else's, so please keep the "honda's better" myth out of my face! Thank you, have a nice day.

I'm not a hillbilly, I live in a city, we have electricity and everything! (What'll these damn kids think of next?) The reason we were all snapping and snarling like that is because the myth of honda being better than everyone is just that, a myth, and we get F'n tired of hearing it. Why does that matter, you ask? Because that myth is killing American car companies, Ford included, and if Ford goes under, there will be no more Mustangs for anyone.
Ford is not 100% innocent, they made some classic blunders, and they were arrogant and uncaring for years. But now, today, their products are just as good as anyone else's, so please keep the "honda's better" myth out of my face! Thank you, have a nice day.

Well said my friend.:nice:

I have been around a long time. Have 4 mustangs at this time of which two are V6's. Had another V6 and many V8's at one time so i have alot of experince with them.

Most V6's have exhaust manifolds that crack which on this site many people cannot figure out. You hear the noise from a lot of V6"s that pass and the owners are not even aware of the problem.

The rear ends on most begin to whine at 65000 miles. Continue to get worse.

Heater core failure before 120000 miles. These problem are highly predictable with this car. I guess Ford does not want to engineer these basic issues out of the car. If the new V6 stangs have the 7.5 axles they will probable whine too.

I remember being at the ford dealership the first weekend the Mustang's came out and love these cars.

Ironically my son has a 97 V6 Firebird with 190000 miles. Same heater core, no exhaust leaks, no rear end whine. What can you say.

Well i have a 2000 v6, no cracked manifold, no rear end whine, no issues except for a sticky shifter handle. Same heater core, AC has never been recharged and i think it could actually blow snow before it would quit. i guess you just get lucky or not lucky and i got lucky. The borderline insane maintenance regimen i run on it is probably the reason it is still so solid, but hey, what can you say?