Foxbody 2.3 Need Some Help!

Dennis.A

May 5, 2014
Tampa
Hey what's up everyone, I'm pretty new here so sorry for any mistakes!

I'm pretty sure I've found me a "Diamond in the ruff" it's a 2.3 Foxbody hatch just hidden away behind like 40 boats lol.

But what my question is how much do you guys think it's worth? It needs quite a bit of work, but there are some good things about it, it has a WHOLE NEW SVO SUSPENSION, rear disc and 5 lug swap, 8.8 rear end, battery's ready to be mounted in the rear, has newer mustang seats, new HUGE radiator with electric fan, alarm, but the interior is kind of meh, and there's a TON of other parts in the car that I found .I'm looking to get this as my first car, I've always loved foxbody hatches and I think this is a great find. Most on craigslist around here are like 2-6k it's ridiculous and this guy I think i might be able to get 1k or less for it. It has an intake that goes with it that he ghetto rigged to it, a new H pipe in the trunk under the carpets. And I was hoping to do a 351w swap to it :) I found those pretty cheap on CL. Oh and I almost forgot, NO RUST, only a small mark on the trunk but it's only surface.

So please guys, help me out here, how much would you personally pay for this if you had the chance? I don't have much money and 1.5k is just a little pushing it, work doesn't pay me enough lol.
image.jpg

This pic makes me smile every time I see it :) ^^
image.jpg

image.jpg

Not digging the hood, it's fiberglass though
image.jpg

Carpets still there it's just pulled back.
image.jpg

Newer stang seats.
image.jpg

The 2.3
image.jpg
The trims SUPER faded but still there atleast...
image.jpg

That's the rust on the trunk lid.
image.jpg

There's like NO space at all haha.
image.jpg

Headliners gone
image.jpg

The badge :)

• Sponsors (?)

Wheres the back seat?

Despite the SVO suspension and all the other stuff, it looked like the paint isn't in good condition, and it needs a ton of cleaning, No backseat, and, in the end, its still a 4 cylinder. Id offer 1k. Maybe even less. 1500 may be pushing it.

Oh and if thats a black interior, could be the washout from the sun, but that dash looks really faded.

Than
Saw a sunroof in those pics. Did you open it and check for rust? Sunroofs are notorious for rust and leaks.
thanx for the reply dude it helps a lot, yeah the sunroof only has rust on top, and it's not to bad it's also just surface, I could just sand it down and spray over, and. Yeah the paints dead, but I planned on repainting it (my dad knows a lot of mechanics)
But what about the 351w? I did some research I it and the motor mounts do match up, what about he tranny that it comes with? Would I have to change it out if so I'd use the c6

I hope to maybe get 1k or like 8 or 900 if I could. Thanks again for the reply man!

Than

thanx for the reply dude it helps a lot, yeah the sunroof only has rust on top, and it's not to bad it's also just surface, I could just sand it down and spray over, and. Yeah the paints dead, but I planned on repainting it (my dad knows a lot of mechanics)
But what about the 351w? I did some research I it and the motor mounts do match up, what about he tranny that it comes with? Would I have to change it out if so I'd use the c6

I hope to maybe get 1k or like 8 or 900 if I could. Thanks again for the reply man!
Oh and as for the dash, it's actually not faded, it's just the sun and the dirty ass windshield haha, but the interiors fine surprisingly just REALLY dirty

Did you check underneath the car for rust? I didn't look for rust when I bought mine and I was lucky I only had a few REALLY small rust holes (size of pin holes) in my floor pan.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you check underneath the car for rust? I didn't look for rust when I bought mine and I was lucky I only had a few REALLY small rust holes (size of pin holes) in my floor pan.
Yep it was really difficult to check cause of the lack of space, but no rust at all on the frame, it's been a Florida car all it's life and that's how it's gonna stay with me :) I checked it really thoroughly all around the k member, frame, and everything no rust!

man, I got a 92 4 cyl up here in Alaska in better shape for 900. I would give like 500 tops for that car, if it ran good and had low miles. What year is that?
Hmm I think it's an 89, not to sure though, the guys getting the title this week, it's at 17k miles but I'm pretty sure that rolled over 100k at least once haha XD
image.jpg

Sorry for the kinda :poo: photo, friends over there trying to find the latch for the hood haha, dunno why the speedos resting at like 30mph though...

please keep looking for a more solid car. I know you are probably all hyped up on this one though.
Yeah your right about the hyped up part, but the fox bodies are really expensive around here, the only other one I found for near this price is for like 500$ but it's rusted to :poo: and needs even more work than this. To be honest I'm not sure, I've been looking daily so far for the past like 4-5 months and still nothing as well priced as this for what condition it's in. But I'll still keep searching. Hell maybe I can get this one even cheaper.

This is more along the lines of what you should be looking for... and this is up here in Alaska where everthing costs more. if you are dead set on the car, show up with 5 bills and be prepared to walk away

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/4443011687.html
Yeah just check CL again, the lowest car in decent shape like this is 2k the other ones a rust bucket at 475$ gain gonna see if I can get it for 5-8 hundred, if not I'll keep looking

if I had to pick between your car and this one, I would pick this one below. Change your search to '2.3 mustang'

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/4445872545.html
Yeah, but I personally don't like the convertibles, there not very rigid,and I'm also always worried about thieves, someone broke into my friends bmw convertible and stole it right out the parking lot, he ripped the top open to get in. also I hopefully plan to one day when I'm older to turn this into a drag car, and when I get this car I'll have over a year or more to get it all looking good. Probably just turn it into a decent daily I can enjoy myself in. For a while.