Foxes victims of Cash for Clunkers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Actually, if it's non-operational it doesn't qualify. The plan is to get running vehicles off the road. If it doesn't run, then it's not really contributing to the problem.

The basic criteria is that the car must run, you have to have had it registered for a year, it needs ot meet certain requirements from cars.com to be classified as a clunker.

Whether you get $3500 or $4500 depends on what type of vehicle you are trading in, and what you are buying. You get more cash for your car if you get something much more fuel efficient. if you get another truck, you may only get the $3500. If you traded your gas guzzling SUV for a 40MPG hybrid, you would prob get $4500.

There is also a $40K cap on the vehicle you buy.

An even scarier part of the CFC deal is this

YouTube - Glenn Beck: The Man Who Conned America is Now The Biggest Hacker in The World?Barack Obama

Wow, that is F'd up.

If I worked at a dealership, I would probally be trying to save that 4eye like a baby in a burning building.

That statement on the website says a lot about the government.

To get the full $4,500 I was told the car had to be non-operational. I also saw a Lincoln commercial advertising their new $50k SUV, but if someone is willing to trash their car for $4,500 or less they obviously Couldnt afford a $50,000 vehicle so who does this c4c deal really help? Unless you get a Kia, and let's face it, if a company does a "buy 1 car get another free" deal then is what they're selling really worth it?

A lot of higher income middle aged people are trading in cars their kids drove on this cash for clunkers thing..

BTW I HATE this program.. It is a pain in the ass for the techs.. we have to drain every fluid from the car and then seize the motor and push it out and take the gas we took from them and put it in used cars..

All for 2 hours... :mad:

I work for Acura and we've only gotten on c4c candidate, which was a mid 90's cherokee. It hasnt come through the shop and I dont think we even have the silicate to destory it if we had to.

If I do end up being the one who has to seize the thing, better believe its getting a dealer plate and going offroading first, then the remaining gas will be siphoned diredctly into my DD.

Besides, I dont need chemicals to wreck an engine, Ive done it all by myself plenty of times. :nice:

Wrong.. Anything before 2001 and can't be older then 25 years old..

Over on corral there is a thread to some guys who work at dealerships.. At this one dealership, someone traded in a MINT condition 85 or 86 GT for the C4C deal.... :(

Here it is..

View attachment 249730

EDIT:

Said thread: Cash for Clunkers- the sad demise of good cars. - Corral Forums

More pix of that fox are on page 4

This a**ol deserves to get shot. That is a clean 4 eye. Much better condition than mine. This government sucks. I get about 10 MPG and ain't no politician gonna tell me what to drive. Instead of gas guzzler Suburbans and Cadillac limos why doesn't Obama start rolling around in a Prius of a Fusion Hybrid? Sad day for the fox

I get about 10 MPG and ain't no politician gonna tell me what to drive.

It's still a voluntary program. Granted, some cars we love are gonna get crushed, there are still a majority that will not be missed.

Besides, is that Fox a $4500 car? Do you think it would sell for that on the open market in this bad economy?

A lot of higher income middle aged people are trading in cars their kids drove on this cash for clunkers thing..

BTW I HATE this program.. It is a pain in the ass for the techs.. we have to drain every fluid from the car and then seize the motor and push it out and take the gas we took from them and put it in used cars..

All for 2 hours... :mad:

I didn't know they also had the motor destroyed, I was kind of assuming the cars could still be parted out at the JY. Makes me sick thinking of some of the perfectly good motors that will get trashed. :puke:

my gf said this program is like killing fat puppies.

and well.... shes right....

is it bad to completely face palm every move obama makes?

this whole program is total bull****, its costing billions of dollars, the whole thing about making the enviornment better is a mask for the government to peddle new cars and keep dealerships from going under.

what about all the 4cyl junkers that burn a quart of oil every gas tank that are still on the road? Lets not forget that this isnt helping the econemy, its hurting it by paying people trade thier running car so it can be turned into scrap

Im not going to be making any friends but I think this program is great and I cant wait untill it crosses to Canada, just a matter of time....I will be trading in my 91 Marquis for a new car : )

I didn't know they also had the motor destroyed, I was kind of assuming the cars could still be parted out at the JY. Makes me sick thinking of some of the perfectly good motors that will get trashed. :puke:

that corral post said that they destroy the whole driveline not just the motor, drain all the fluids that can cause polution and send em straight to the crusher. Sad part is, cars like that 86 GT, you couldnt even buy it from the dealer if you wanted to...

This a**ol deserves to get shot. That is a clean 4 eye. Much better condition than mine. This government sucks. I get about 10 MPG and ain't no politician gonna tell me what to drive. Instead of gas guzzler Suburbans and Cadillac limos why doesn't Obama start rolling around in a Prius of a Fusion Hybrid? Sad day for the fox

Its called protection genius.....something EVERY president must have in the past and future. lol

That comment was about as dumb as someone trading in a nice mustang.

But unfortunately, hotrodders are a very small fraction of people who matter in the automotive world. LOL VERY FEW people give a damn about that fox. It aint nothin special to me:shrug:

my wife thinks that fox thats in the pic is fodder in a bad divorce. that would be harsh coming home from work, knowing that you and your wife are spiting up and finding a new focus where your pride and joy fox was sitting that moring.

I dont think this program is bad. It gives people a good chance to get there bucket off the road and get a new reliable car, while getting some of these gas guzzling cars off the road, also while helping out these car companys that are hurting. I dont want to start a health care debate but I think it is ridiculous that the stupid conservatives are saying if the government cant run this program how can they run health care. I think the fact that they are runninig out of money sooner then they expected is a sign that the program is working better then expected. Besides just trying to say everything Obama does is wrong, what is so bad about this program? It is costing money but I think the benefits out way that.

Glen Beck is such a tool. At least on the site you have the choice of not clicking to continue, George Bush was tapping into everyones lives without even warning.

There are just some people who are always going to listen to what Fox News has to tell them, and wont see anything different. Spending billions of dollars a month in a far off country for no reason is ok because we are patriotic, but spending 1 billion in our own country with more than one benefit, it would be good if Obama didnt do it.

Well, when you give the government 5 dollars and get back a dollar and some frys. I'd be pissed too. I mean, you know this money isn't all stored up in the bank right? When I can't afford something, I save up the money and buy it (or use the unheard word.... budget).

I think I'll trade my 90 LX in for a Kia. That should help out those car companies.

The next problem I see coming from this stupid CFC program will be coming within the next year. The goverment scrambling to come up with a bailout program for all these people defaulting on thier auto loans :rolleyes:.

moment of silence for the poor 4-eye.... "sprinkles holy oil" ...rest in pieces:(

Status
Not open for further replies.